Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, now?

Been pretty damn nice the past few days and outside of a few days in the middle of next week, that looks to continue. Sorry if you have some complex that prohibits you from enjoying it.

It's definitely been delayed especially if you go by met winter and the growing season has been delayed as a result as well. We are finally enjoying a nice stretch though.

Days like today are some of my favorites with a nice cool breeze and slightly below normal temps. Next week all depends on that front, huge bust potential with temps likely on the order of 15-20 degrees depending on where the front sets up.

Today's 12z gfs would be rather dreadful for coastal dwellers as the front gets hung up around the area.

It's definitely been delayed especially if you go by met winter and the growing season has been delayed as a result as well. We are finally enjoying a nice stretch though.

Days like today are some of my favorites with a nice cool breeze and slightly below normal temps. Next week all depends on that front, huge bust potential with temps likely on the order of 15-20 degrees depending on where the front sets up.

Today's 12z gfs would be rather dreadful for coastal dwellers as the front gets hung up around the area.

Looks like a couple raw days next week, but you can't get through Spring around here without'em.  Hopefully by late week/the weekend we improve.

Turns out this guy lives 5 minutes away from me. That tree in the background blocks all southern exposure and the umbrealla takes care of sun from the east. Didnt see any fresh 'snownations'. I guess there are still snow loons out there who haven't found this board. post-5412-0-20602500-1428259447_thumb.jp

Happy anniversary to one of my favorite blizzards of all time with the last three record lows in a row for NYC.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1982/us0406.php

4/6

21 in 1982

23 in 1881

24 in 1887

4/7

21 in 1982

23 in 1881

24 in 1943

4/8

25 in 1982

26 in 1972

28 in 1920+

was thinking this would be the year if any, that we'd see something like it, but doesn't look to be.

was thinking this would be the year if any, that we'd see something like it, but doesn't look to be.

That was such a rare event for so late in the season that it may be hard to do again even in a year with late season cold. Even if you could replicate the snowfall amounts, it would be very tough to score three consecutive

record lows with 50-60 mph winds and plenty of lightning.

Archived