joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

JoshM

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the link. Wow 7 years worth of rainfall from thunderstorms. That's impressive for that region. Did not realize how dry there climate was.

Thanks for the link. Wow 7 years worth of rainfall from thunderstorms. That's impressive for that region. Did not realize how dry there climate was.

When my father was in Lima, Peru in the 1980s, he said a lot of houses didn't even have roofs on them because it was so dry (and they were poor, of course).  Lima receives about 0.5" of rain per year, which is amazing for a city of nearly 9 million people.  For reference, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia receives over seven times that amount of rain annually.

I connected through Lima when I was in Peru a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't see much from the airport.  The houses in Cusco sure had roofs as it is pretty wet there during their summer (and nearly bone dry during their winter... or dry season).

Heavy snow, is the most misused weather term in this forum. SMH, like ripping snow, a damn flurry would be called ripping or heavy snow by a lot of posters....

It's rippin sunshine right now! :)

Took the youngin' to see the Harlem Globetrotters last night, and it was a great show. It was my first time seeing them! Very talented bunch !

We're not a very physical team. We get out-physicaled a lot. Louisville is one of the last teams I would have wanted to play.

We shut down Montrezl Harrell last time, I was hoping we would do the same this time but was definitely worried...not because we were outmatched by any means, but because NC STATE CANNOT BEAT A GOOD TEAM TWICE IN ONE SEASON! NCAA Tourney team, Duke, UNC, you name it we can't do it twice in a season...so that was my main concern...what would be the chances of beating Pitino's team who is 16-1 in the Sweet 16, TWICE? I had hope, but knew it wasn't happening.

Archived