amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March Banter

JoshM

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They (uva) are struggling offensively. Between louisville, unc and uva on that side of the bracket, with their injuries and tournament format, just think Louisville unc winner can pull it off. Also state if they play like they are capable should beat pitt. I think Duke has the best guard play in the Acc followed by state and Miami at times. Superior or consistent Guard play is what wins tourneys. Just feel it's Duke or states to loose on one side and Louisville, unc, uva to loose on the other.

A lot of people felt that UVA was struggling offensively until they played them. The first half of today's game was a perfect example. UVA only scored 34 points in the first half. However they shot 63%. That's not struggling. That is using a stifling defense to limit the number of possessions and to prevent the other team from getting any easy baskets. So 34 points was plenty since they held Florida State to 17. Now you have to try to make a huge comeback in a limited possession game where nothing is easy. Game over.

A lot of people felt that UVA was struggling offensively until they played them. The first half of today's game was a perfect example. UVA only scored 34 points in the first half. However they shot 63%. That's not struggling. That is using a stifling defense to limit the number of possessions and to prevent the other team from getting any easy baskets. So 34 points was plenty since they held Florida State to 17. Now you have to try to make a huge comeback in a limited possession game where nothing is easy. Game over.

Yep Virginia defense is a slow grueling pace. The just wear you down. They are a great team.

I went from heat right to air conditioning. We might as well get the 2015 drought thread started to. Where is this cad that was supposed to arrive this morning? Or all of this rain predicted this week from last week. I don't recall a single forecast last week calling for a giant southeast ridge with temps in the 80s for several days, not to mention the 60 degree lows.

Had a blast at the tourney last night. Tickets for today's session where scalping for 120 each at lower level. Have to call in pizza and catch em from the living room to pricey for this poor man. Bout walked right into the governor last night. He was on concourse viewing the trophy cases, which are really neat with all the history of the tourney being played in greensboro throughout the years/ decades.

Had a blast at the tourney last night. Tickets for today's session where scalping for 120 each at lower level. Have to call in pizza and catch em from the living room to pricey for this poor man. Bout walked right into the governor last night. He was on concourse viewing the trophy cases, which are really neat with all the history of the tourney being played in greensboro throughout the years/ decades.

Nice, man!  I'm sure that was awesome witnessing the blowout win in person.  Too bad it had to be against the Pack.  Perhaps we'll get another chance at Carolina tomorrow.  We now know that UNC will be in the title game, but which team will join them?

Did you snap a pic of the gov?  Who was he cheering for?

That's very odd, over 11k feet and no snow or bitterly cold temps ever.....

It appears that below freezing temperatures do happen in the winter here at times, but winter is the dry season here, so it hardly ever rains for half the year. I heard the last time it snowed in Cusco was in June 1911 (and I think that's the only time in recorded history).

The snow line is really high in this part of the world due to the more arid climate. You have to get up to around 18,000 feet before snowcover is seen year-round.

Duke did not come to play last night. ND was the better team on that court. Too bad we couldn't have a third meeting of the Tobacco Road rivals.

yeah they had a good come back but they came out too flat in the first half. Okafor is a beast! One thing he really needs to work on is his freethrows. He is another Shaq.

Looks like another championship for UNC. It was pretty awesome how Duke couldn't miss against State but couldn't hit a 3 to save their life last night. :arrowhead;

No way ND beats the Heels. Incidentally, I think that will make them the first team to win 4 games to win the ACC tourney. They are a match-up nightmare when they are playing as well as they are.

Looks like another championship for UNC. It was pretty awesome how Duke couldn't miss against State but couldn't hit a 3 to save their life last night. :arrowhead;

No way ND beats the Heels. Incidentally, I think that will make them the first team to win 4 games to win the ACC tourney. They are a match-up nightmare when they are playing as well as they are.

Hopefully they can maintain this level of intensity. Really was hoping for another shot at the Devils. Prob. Best though. The have sure had our number of late.

Archived