joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trend has been heavy frozen event from both gfs and euro. Much colder runs thAn a few days ago

I get that, but when has a setup like that ever given us 15"+?   I do think there will be a nice thump of snow/frozen, but yeah..nothing like the Euro.   It's 160 hours away anyway, so no point in discussing particulars.   

Its day 7, nothing about the storm is believable, but it is funny to see NYC and new england posters freaking out over it.

It's hysterical over there, when a model shows a low going north, or cutting west and giving them rain, they say it's wrong and there will be a south trend because the cold high pressure will push it south. When a model shows a low going south, suppressed and missing, it's wrong because there will be a north trend and the high pressure isn't strong enough to make it do that. When the models show a low going too far east and missing, the models have an east bias and will correct back west. Just comical

It's hysterical over there, when a model shows a low going north, or cutting west and giving them rain, they say it's wrong and there will be a south trend because the cold high pressure will push it south. When a model shows a low going south, suppressed and missing, it's wrong because there will be a north trend and the high pressure isn't strong enough to make it do that. When the models show a low going too far east and missing, the models have an east bias and will correct back west. Just comical

Wow, that sounds totally unlike anyone on this forum...

:bag:

Euro ensembles like the threat more than they did last night. Obviously the op is likely whacked but there's more support for a snow event.

Bob, I hope I speak for a lot of lurkers when I say that your signal to noise ratio is phenomenal.  Really appreciate your posting -- both content and tone.

Only about 15" less snowmap than the Euro for us before it flips to rain.

The general look would favor a mixed event imo. I'm sure most feel the same way even though the euro destroyed us.

We'll have to keep an eye on how strong the hp actually is. If the models are overdoing it then expectations will drop pretty quickly. Could be another stats padder and getting another march event over 1" at the airports would be nice.

I was just stating something, I don't know what all the fuss was about. 

It's because you are posting out of your forum and posting that you also haven't had snow. We don't really care - it's not that we want to come off as rude but we care about OUR subforum. No hard feelings hopefully...

Archived