joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well speaking as a Richmond rep, we've seen this scenario before. We tend to end up falling between storms that nail NOVa and then southern sliders that get Raleigh-Hampton Roads. Perfect example is 12.26.2004. Not a flake in Richmond. Over a foot in Tidewater. This one starting to have that look. Frustrating but we are old pros at missing south and north! That being said, still some time left for a shift

that looks pretty good

when I run a loop of the 700mb RH on the NAM it appears that the kicker in the MW is fookin' with the flow because thru 39 hrs., NAM was looking better than 6Z and then as it came north and interacted with the other system, it messed things up

nothing we can do about that, obviously, but that feature, or something similar to it, was not wreaking havoc with any of our prior systems, which is a little discomforting

Well speaking as a Richmond rep, we've seen this scenario before. We tend to end up falling between storms that nail NOVa and then southern sliders that get Raleigh-Hampton Roads. Perfect example is 12.26.2004. Not a flake in Richmond. Over a foot in Tidewater. This one starting to have that look. Frustrating but we are old pros at missing south and north! That being said, still some time left for a shift

I agree... the Norfolk area has gotten many big storms in the past 15 years while Richmond has missed out or gotten a minor 2-4"... I just don't understand why it keeps happening. If this can't come north enough for me then I at least hope Richmond gets hammered. Sooner or later climo has got to catch up.

SNE laughs at our losses all the time. That's how life is supposed to be. Snow isn't charity.

We rarely laugh at you.  We like it when you get a good storm, because we all love snow and it is better for someone to it if it is not us..  In this forum there are many who just always hope NE doesn't get a storm...for some reason I don't understand.  Ya'll should road trip to Boston or Portland for a storm,  it's awesome.

Awful waste of very cold for last week of February not to get at at least a few inches. I hate missing a storm to the south more than when a storm ends up north and screws the area. You know in this set up it's plenty cold for snow with no precip issues and you just can't get a slug of moisture up here. If you just look at he surface on the NAM at 36 you would think we are in for 4-8 inches of cold powder. Maybe the disturbance following can gain some support and surprise with a couple inches.

Archived