• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

850 low track runs roughly from southeast Alabama to Myrtle Beach. If you were one to throw out the 84hr NAM, then you have to also throw out the Euro since they were in agreement, lol

Ask NYC how the EE rule worked out for them in the mega blizzard.

Good to know with the 850mb low, however. That keeps the midlands purely in the game. Eastern SC is sstill hosed with thw 850mb low north of the region.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro nails NC again with 7-11" at 234hr although weird look with the moisture/temps and track of the low seems silly, I'd discount it..appears to be a mess and highly CAD dependent, but the total accumulated snowfall at 240 might make it's rounds on social media today...

This would happen on midterm week....sigh. :( Snow looks likely this week now!

I have a final friday, but the amount I'm going to be studying vs glancing at models I'm going to want this storm to happen and get postponed otherwise I'm in trouble...haha. It's ridiculously addicting, I wish I loved studying as much as I love storm tracking.

Wow, the 15z SREF has a mean of 2" in here by hr 87.

I was a little worried about SFC temps until I looked at the 3 hour euro data. Looks like we're good.

I get a sense that as long as mid-levels temps are okay, we'll be okay with the BL going isothermal and us getting near-freezing paste.  Maybe I'm wrong, though.

I have a final friday, but the amount I'm going to be studying vs glancing at models I'm going to want this storm to happen and get postponed otherwise I'm in trouble...haha. It's ridiculously addicting, I wish I loved studying as much as I love storm tracking.

Are you guys on the quarter system or something?  I've got a midterm on Thursday, so I hope that's postponed, too, LOL.  The week before spring break is going to be hell, then, as I have another midterm that week and a paper, but it is what it is.  Most of my HW is on the computer (lots of statistical software), so it's so easy to slip over to Chrome and bring this forum up that I can't help myself.

12z Euro nails NC again with 7-11" at 234hr although weird look with the moisture/temps and track of the low seems silly, I'd discount it..appears to be a mess and highly CAD dependent, but the total accumulated snowfall at 240 might make it's rounds on social media today...

I assume you agree that a large majority of that for much of NC at 210-34 on the 12Z Euro  is ZR/IP rather than SN. 850's are largely above 0 C for many there other than the north/NW.

I assume you agree that a large majority of that for much of NC at 210-34 on the 12Z Euro is ZR/IP rather than SN. 850's are largely above 0 C for many there other than the north/NW.

Yes I agree 100% Larry which is why the snowfall map at 240 that would be making rounds would be a joke. I was cycling through the snowfall map to 240 and laughed when I looked at 850s and just the track of the system. I like the Thursday threat for all snow for sure though.

Wow, the 15z SREF has a mean of 2" in here by hr 87.

I get a sense that as long as mid-levels temps are okay, we'll be okay with the BL going isothermal and us getting near-freezing paste.  Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Are you guys on the quarter system or something?  I've got a midterm on Thursday, so I hope that's postponed, too, LOL.  The week before spring break is going to be hell, then, as I have another midterm that week and a paper, but it is what it is.  Most of my HW is on the computer (lots of statistical software), so it's so easy to slip over to Chrome and bring this forum up that I can't help myself.

Looks like the margin of error is north on this run of the sref. A lot of the member apparently take the SLP over the fl panhandle and end up over hatteras. That track is generally a good one for most of NC. I am more worried about sleet now than i am whiffing on this one here in Raleigh.

I don't understand this comment.  We always have to take what we can get.  We have no control over the weather.  It's not a matter of choice or preference.

Good post. Thanks for again being a voice of reason. However, if we didn't have to take what we get and could specifically order it up, I would like a few weeks of what Boston has been getting. Then, I would like a nice pleasant spring with no pollen. After that I'll take a cool summer with low humidity and temps that never get above 85. I will follow that up a cool fall with above average rainfall and good fall color.

In all seriousness, Some of todays model depictions look as if they are just what we need to give many of us (especially south) a winter storm. Let's hope the storm track stays along the gulf coast/FL panhandle and we get a good high placement for strong wedging.

The 12z UKMET is out on WB.  Definitely a better look than the 00z run last night, though not quite as heavy as yesterday's 12z run.  All-snow for RDU and CLT, FWIW.

The track is great.  1000 mb LP just north of Pensacola at hr 84 going over to east of SAV at hr 90.  I think us NC folks could use it turning the corner a little more as the precip shield isn't that extensive, but it still shows a good 3-5" for most of NC/upstate SC/N GA/N AL/SE VA.

The 12z UKMET is out on WB. Definitely a better look than the 00z run last night, though not quite as heavy as yesterday's 12z run. All-snow for RDU and CLT, FWIW.

The track is great. 1000 mb LP just north of Pensacola at hr 84 going over to east of SAV at hr 90. I think us NC folks could use it turning the corner a little more as the precip shield isn't that extensive, but it still shows a good 3-5" for most of NC/upstate SC/NE GA/SE VA.

yeah a little shift north would be great.

Archived