amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to back coastals clip eastern NC/SC.  The 2nd system was very close to a huge phaser....

It was in the ball park I'd say, had the s/w been stronger.  So many of these buggers moving through it's hard to keep count.  Gonna need something to back it up though.

It was in the ball park I'd say, had the s/w been stronger.  So many of these buggers moving through it's hard to keep count.  Gonna need something to back it up though.

LOL...that would be fun to get fringed on both ....

I have a feeling we are not done with changes to the lead low, I wonder if it slows down allowing that northern stream energy diving down over the rockies catch it, then the PV phases into it and....well...that would be interesting.

post-2311-0-26523800-1424642923_thumb.pn

For those in the N ATL corridor (say Marietta) to Athens, 850 wetbulbs at 18Z on Wed. 2/25 on both the 12Z Euro and the 18Z GFS are ~0C. So, if enough precip. were to fall, the 850's would drop to ~0C (cold enough for snow). It is a close call for sure as modeled!

Here is the trend loop for the 18z GFS at 66hrs courtesy of the Model Center.  Here, you can see the vort energy holding itself together by wrapping into the base of the trough and pull the axis more neutral instead of holding positive and allowing the energy to "drain" out ahead of it as it was showing in previous runs.  I think this will continue to be the overall trend... a stronger s/w able to hold its own longer, and will see a more stronger, more defined sfc low moving along the SE coastline.

UAXH86g.gif

Now, as the GFS is prone to do, it weakens the s/w very quickly in the next couple of forecast hour panels.  I doubt this will be the case.

So what's the status for a storm for the Greenville area I'm new to this weather stuff so I'm a bit confused

Welcome to the board - it's impossible to say with the models right now but there is a good chance of seeing something wintry for the area this week (either of the Greenvilles!).  To get caught up, I suggest you take a bit of a 'watch and learn' approach as things move along, it can be fast-paced in here at times. :)

Nah he lives in High Point, NC.

Yep. N High Point, just a couple miles from KGSO.

I find it interesting that the progressive NAVGEM has consistently had a storm. It would tend to lead me to believe that we really have something on our hands. You'd normally expect it to be on the southern/eastern end of the envelope of guidance, yes?

Its crazy I just joined this forum and I was catching up seeing all this anticipation of a big storm and get to the end and see"nothing to see here" welcome to the world of weather huh

The problem is, all the info is laid out on these forum pages.  The mets and others here don't want to see a cluster of "whats it going to do in my back yard" type of posts.  If you looked a bit earlier even, I posted images of the GFS showing virtually no snow accumulation in Greenville, SC.

If it happens, it happens.  Just read along.  You can freely say almost whatever you want in the Banter thread though.

Archived