• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

Im not saying this can't come NW, It will probably do that, but I don't know how much this time. There is too much upstream for that to happen.. the KEY in ALL of this to get snow, is HEAVY precip rates...if you DONT....Not snowing. Just how I see it right now.

I guess my thing is that every single storm this year has trended way NW. Why would that stop now?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is trending stronger earlier and more north, given the trends today in the GFS with the s/w I'd argue that the "northern trend" would continue and to not put too much hope in Nam, and even that is trending north with the low. I don't know how weak and suppressed this low stays, it's a matter of when the s/w goes neutral. I don't think I-20 would be out of it even if it did trend more north to get the I-40 folks in on it...to me it seems like this might please a good amount of the SE. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 00z Euro come a tad closer to the coast with the 997mb low, can't really seeing it going more suppressed tonight. We haven't seen really amped up members on the OP's but they are there on the ensemble members unfortunately, a blend seems likely.

The precip shield will be further north for sure.  I don't know how much more tho.  I think y'all get some precip, I am just saying I think the EURO is too strong and likely to far north.

Robert latest thinking..

269948_622587471104645_2091126056_n.jpg?

Upper lows this time of year are a feature to reckon with in the Deep Sout, some years. It turns out we'll have the cold air to work with on Wednesday evening and Thursday for much of Arkansas, northern halves of Miss, Alabama, Georgia and most of the Carolinas, southeast Virginia. Now we have the new NAM with its strong upper low taking a slightly more north track. Surprise---this was expected. I'll keep on watching this system for the Deep South as this is the kind of system to throw down snow fast and furiously on its northern side and even end as snow pretty far south.
Right now , it's impossible to be drawing where the snow is exactly or how much. This can easily trend north or south. Stay tuned!

10994592_1007149635981758_70551142402680

The reason why some of us aren't seeing a ssignificant NW trend is because of the building high that is keeping cold air established versus the dreAded themed departing high pressure out to seA.

Also will add the moisture field Should be fairly expansive with what looks like a good feed of moisture.

I see what's going on in this thread. I want it to trend north so I get snow and I want it to stay south so I get snow.

The precip shield is going to be North enough for you too.  If the actual track keeps amping up/going more North, it screws us all to your South.  Every man for himself I guess?

The reason why some of us aren't seeing a ssignificant NW trend is because of the building high that is keeping cold air established versus the dreAded themed departing high pressure out to seA.

In my dead honest opinion, I can see the actual low tracking further to the South when all is said and done. Barring  a major change up North/northern stream.  I personally think you might be on to something speaking of the low being further South also.

Maybe my thoughts are half-way wishcasting.. but as you said.. if that snow does roll through here with the first wave, it gives an even higher chance for I-20.

Also will add the moisture field Should be fairly expansive with what looks like a good feed of moisture.

I agree FULLY Mike.

We're all just guessing at this point.  The southern wave is trending a little stronger.  We've certainly seen the northern stream not press as far south as modeled with storm setups this year.  There's no upstream block.  My view is that this will climb more north.  Regardless, outside of the far NW of our forum, temperatures should be concerning no matter your location.

When replying to posts containing images, please remember to delete the image.  Otherwise it clutters up the thread with way more space than would actually be necessary for many of these one-lined comments like, "Wow! That looks awesome for MBY!" or "Just need that to shift a little ___ and we'd all be golden!"

It's just good form to delete the image.  That is all.

yup...better run for the COLD for sure...VERBATIM its too warm,  BUT it did trend colder.  The storm DID NOT go much further north.  To be honest, HSV to CHA to GSP and CLT to RDU don't see much QPF at all through hr 84.  There is some snow in the GSP to CLT to RDU at the end, but doesn't look like a whole lot.  Def. Drier than the EURO. Wetter than the NAM 

Archived