northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like the NW shift to the higher probs of bigger totals. Need that to stop for my area!

That's the problem with it Mack. With each update the higher probablity moves farther North. That's good for mountains and Virginias but not good for basically everyone else. But it's to be expected as it's the normal MO, plus it has seemed especially prevalent this year. Much more and our probablilties start going down dramatically, and it's still several days out. 

21z SREF mean QPF is 0.98" in Lillington, NC and 0.70" in RDU...what a difference a County makes.

0.41" and 0.68" on the last run, respectively. No doubt getting wetter for Central NC. Could be the track, although could just be added time = added moisture from storm, most likely a combination. Last run the QPF did not plateau yet.

SREF Plume mean for Lillington (well, Erwin, about 10 miles east) is a tad over 2 inches. But Lord some of the individuals are juicy!

Looks VERY close to the 18z nam so far...snow streaking in *or appears to be snow* over central MS and AL and moving into Mid GA and GA by 21Z

precip will be more north.. check out the 500mb maps... more neutral tilt.  It's following the trend.  It's end-of-run NAM... trends are all we need.

precip will be more north.. check out the 500mb maps... more neutral tilt.  It's following the trend.  It's end-of-run NAM... trends are all we need.

Oh, I think it will as well, but I don't think as a whole this climbs north that much.  I think the doc was too strong at 12z.  We shall see, but I think the SFC low is gonna be fairly south this storm... 

Looks more negatively tilted than the 12z run.  I think?  Dare I say negatively tilted at hr 72?

EDIT: Still not there for most of us NC folks.

Be honest I love that look right now. Gives a little breathing room. The foreign Guidance(Ukie & Euro) are leading way on this imo. Be nice to see the GFS at least identify the right features and get them placed in the right ballpark here in a few minutes. The 3 plus inch fish qpf, shows what can happen. Need the phase about 5 hours earleir and bingo as Franklin said.

As of now** I think if your along I-40 you better hope this trends further north. It most certainly can, and might do that...but this setup is a bit better for the folks further south. We shall see, and I will eat my words, but I like the setup for the I-20 corridor.

That NW trend usually defies the odds. Trust me, I've been on the bad side of it before.

Oh, I think it will as well, but I don't think as a whole this climbs north that much.  I think the doc was too strong at 12z.  We shall see, but I think the SFC low is gonna be fairly south this storm... 

It is trending stronger earlier and more north, given the trends today in the GFS with the s/w I'd argue that the "northern trend" would continue and to not put too much hope in Nam, and even that is trending north with the low. I don't know how weak and suppressed this low stays, it's a matter of when the s/w goes neutral. I don't think I-20 would be out of it even if it did trend more north to get the I-40 folks in on it...to me it seems like this might please a good amount of the SE. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 00z Euro come a tad closer to the coast with the 997mb low, can't really seeing it going more suppressed tonight. We haven't seen really amped up members on the OP's but they are there on the ensemble members unfortunately, a blend seems likely.

Archived