bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked at the ens tracks. Just pointing out that IF the GFS ens is right this COULD be a bust. NOT saying this will happen, just presenting the other side. Don't shoot the messenger! lol

ETprobs_ecoast_radius200_ensemble01_14.p

I pretty much guarantee the GFS trends to the Euro the next few runs.......in fact this is EXACTLY where I want to see the GFS in this range with the current setup....it is ALWAYS the last one to get on board whenever I get hammered with snow.

Yeah, that's not happening with the mid-week system as currently modeled.  We are dealing with a leftover, semi-cold air mass that is hanging on by a thread...less temp concerns as you go north and west, obviously

You are correct. Storm track looks good, but I could see how this very well turns out for many of us in AL, GA, and much of SC to be a cold week of rain and drizzle. We are close though and there is a huge amount of uncertainty. You can hear it in virtually forecast discussion you read. I keep looking at the 12Z EPS mean LP placement. Could not ask for much better for me. Just need enough cold air to help precip. type.

12z ECMWF ENS mean looks pretty good. Mean of 6+ inches from around Sanford NE to Elizabeth City including RDU.

fwiw it Looks like the euro enss are a little bit colder across ga and sc than the operational. at face value it's a bit colder than the operational run during the peak of the storm across ga/sc. It looks like it would be cold enough for a changeover to snow from just south of atlanta to columbia. Wish i could see a full sounding for areas along the transition zone  to determine if this is purely a rain and snow situation or if there is a zone of sleet in between.

What i'm dying to know really is if there is a possibility of evaporational cooling as the precip moves in along the northern portions of the precip shield like the nam is strongly showing

I pretty much guarantee the GFS trends to the Euro the next few runs.......in fact this is EXACTLY where I want to see the GFS in this range with the current setup....it is ALWAYS the last one to get on board whenever I get hammered with snow.

Hope it trends towards the Euro. I dont think this board can take another bust. 

IMO, where I sit in the upstate of SC. I am more worried about this storm going too far north and giving me rain than it missing to my south.

But overall, I like where I sit right now. We have lock step agreement between the Euro, EPS members, and the Ukmet at 84 hours out.. when the the system is already over North America being sampled properly. 

Edit:  This is in reference to the Wednesday Night/Thursday storm

IMO, where I sit in the upstate of SC. I am more worried about this storm going too far north and giving me rain than it missing to my south.

But overall, I like where I sit right now. We have lock step agreement between the Euro, EPS members, and the Ukmet at 84 hours out.. when the the system is already over North America being sampled properly. 

Bingo, I'm right with you burrel...probably comes with the territory though with us normally more worried about temps.  NAM run was good.

This if for Wed/Thurs, 2/25 through 2/26.

P'tree City has decided to bite on Tues morn with snow in my point forecast.  Wed night however is too far off so it's rain and 32 :)  I think this week for us will entail a lot of looking out the window from time to time, lol, but something tells me we'll get in on the fun, finally.  T

GSP ain't feeling much of nothing for this entire week. Very little moisture forecasted.

RAH DISCUSSION mentions the possibility, but also mentions that temperatures will be very mild on wednesday so it could be a rain changing to snow type deal...  

Would we get a lot of accumulation on grass and roads from that scenario?  Seems like they would be pretty warm.

very weak disco from them but who can blame them, lots of uncertainty and they can fine tune the disco tomorrow after the 00z runs....

Archived