Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most are talking about wed /thurs storm, with all the excitement , correct? What about the Tues " threat" ? Is nam only one showing that? It really is confusing with 2 threats that close, not even including Monday

Tuesday is cold chasing moisture and it's a very quick event if it happens, that's probably why most are focused on a possible big dog Thurs. Also gotta keep in mind the location of some posters and why they ignore some systems.

Regarding the Wed/Thursday system:

To give a sense of the importance of keeping the energy from escaping into the PJ, here is a sketch showing a weaking STJ wave as it is ejecting its energy into the PJ (sheared out) and the resulting low placement and strength, and where there could be some wintry wx along the northern edge of the precip.

ANKF3Rx.png

Here is what we could see if the s/w retains most of its energy and begins to tilt its axis neutral.  Small changes but big differences on the surface.  Anything in between this is fair game IMO.  You'll see the models within the range of possibilities until we're within 48 hrs more than likely.

yTVBDLA.png

To give a sense of the importance of keeping the energy from escaping into the PJ, here is a sketch showing a weaking STJ wave as it is ejecting its energy into the PJ (sheared out) and the resulting low placement and strength, and where there could be some wintry wx along the northern edge of the precip.

Here is what we could see if the s/w retains most of its energy and begins to tilt its axis neutral.  Small changes but big differences on the surface.

Your crude 4th grade drawing in MS Paint really sums up this entire system  :thumbsup:

I really wanna see if the Euro starts orienting our energy back before TX better vs. the 00z run...that will really have me believing the trends. If that happens I think we can pretty much lock it in that from GA to the Carolinas there will be some big wintry fun. 

Has much really changed? We haven't had this look all winter. I'm psyched. 

Agree this still looks to be the best chance at a pure snowstorm for the SE we have seen all year at this range......of course there are many things that can change and go wrong but as of right now I see a setup that almost always brings the goods, by tomorrow afternoon this board will be going nuts over the Thurs storm.

Check please!

I assume that is for the NAM sum of the TUE AM and WED PM events. Even if you cut these amounts in half (probably prudent for the usually too wet NAM) you're still looking at potential for near half a foot for N AL/N GA, which obviously would still be huge for this area. But, it is the NAM lol.

The 12z NAVGEM is still a hit for NC/Upstate SC (too warm elsewhere, it seems). The UKMET looks a little better than last night from the limited maps I can see (could be wrong). The 12z JMA looks good out to hr 84.

navgem has this leading packet of energy right in front of the s/w  that keeps sfc low from pulling in more.  Otherwise this is a good look.

LkH40Jk.gif

I assume that is for the NAM sum of the TUE AM and WED PM events. Even if you cut these amounts in half (probably prudent for the usually too wet NAM) you're still looking at potential for near half a foot for N AL/N GA, which obviously would still be huge for this area. But, it is the NAM lol.

There is the 24 hr snow totals prior to the thursday event:

25imQE6.gif

Archived