joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

06z gfs looked wetter again for the monday event for central/eastern nc.  and it is great to see the sref on board with the tues storm.  people need to keep in mind our storm last week started trending northwest sat afternoon/night and that event started on a tuesday.  this one isnt until weds/thurs and there is PLENTY of time for it to tick NW just as almost all storms have done this year.  i think burger is right...that we will see some models tick north tonight.  patience.

06z gfs looked wetter again for the monday event for central/eastern nc.  and it is great to see the sref on board with the tues storm.  people need to keep in mind our storm last week started trending northwest sat afternoon/night and that event started on a tuesday.  this one isnt until weds/thurs and there is PLENTY of time for it to tick NW just as almost all storms have done this year.  i think burger is right...that we will see some models tick north tonight.  patience.

Yep, but I am sure this will trend worse for us...

post-2311-0-88751200-1424612956_thumb.pn

Yay for inflight Wifi....SREF has a strong storm signal at the end of the 9z run. Might be able to reel this one back in. 

Yes, it's still there.  Several the GEFS ensemble panels have a big storm, plus the 6z NAM looked great at 500mb keeping the energy intact with a near neutral tilt (not considering what the dgex does with it thereafter)

06z gfs looked wetter again for the monday event for central/eastern nc. and it is great to see the sref on board with the tues storm. people need to keep in mind our storm last week started trending northwest sat afternoon/night and that event started on a tuesday. this one isnt until weds/thurs and there is PLENTY of time for it to tick NW just as almost all storms have done this year. i think burger is right...that we will see some models tick north tonight. patience.

Agreed.

06z gfs looked wetter again for the monday event for central/eastern nc. and it is great to see the sref on board with the tues storm. people need to keep in mind our storm last week started trending northwest sat afternoon/night and that event started on a tuesday. this one isnt until weds/thurs and there is PLENTY of time for it to tick NW just as almost all storms have done this year. i think burger is right...that we will see some models tick north tonight. patience.

I hope we start seeing the models converge on a north trend today. I know that has been the pattern with the models this winter, but we need to start seeing it soon for the midweek storm. We are only 3 days out now. If it is going to happen, it should start today.

I go to GSP's forecast page this morning and see them say there is a consensus for a Miller A Wednesday night and potential Saturday

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=sc&prodtype=discussion

I log on the board here expecting excitement this morning but instead it's like cutting into Cousin Catherine's turkey

Still waiting for your breakdown of the models....considering you are now in the model thread it might be wise to actually give some facts to back up what you're saying. 

I dont have the time nor do I want to take the time. But you know the models have not been in agreement on any winter storm for this week.

I go to GSP's forecast page this morning and see them say there is a consensus for a Miller A Wednesday night and potential Saturday

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=sc&prodtype=discussion

I log on the board here expecting excitement this morning but instead it's like cutting into Cousin Catherine's turkey

yep but they're saying for the southern piedmont and foothills, I need this miller A to come nw to include the western part of the state.

Still waiting for your breakdown of the models....considering you are now in the model thread it might be wise to actually give some facts to back up what you're saying.

He won't. There is no data to back up the claim that the models have shown no winter storms for the last two days. Some have and some haven't, and everybody that has looked knows that.

The fact is, there are absolutely opportunities this week. There are also plenty of question marks, as there always are in the SE. Being able to see all of the models show a big winter storm 7 days out and maintain that all the way in is just not the norm this winter. But most of us know that.

There will be changes. In fact, if I had to choose, I'd pick cold rain outside the mountains over completely dry. But by the end of the week, some portion of the SE is going to have had some frozen precipitation.

Archived