Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and i just don't see that happening.

Me either with the way storm tracks tend to trend NW around here. I think it's good that these storms are suppressed right now. I think the idea is that we have several "chances" to get something this week and hopefully at least one of them pans out. If it does maybe it will be a big one too.

Cold enough?

Easily, though I am just going by the mean, which is cold enough for almost all of NC and upstate SC/N GA.

How far north and west are they?

0.25-0.5" gets all the way back to the NC/TN border.  The 18z GEFS had 0.25-0.5" south of Raleigh.

Of course, I haven't seen the individual members yet, so maybe it's a few nutty members skewing the mean upwards.

Easily, though I am just going by the mean, which is cold enough for almost all of NC and upstate SC/N GA.

0.25-0.5" gets all the way back to the NC/TN border.  The 18z GEFS had 0.25-0.5" south of Raleigh.

Of course, I haven't seen the individual members yet, so maybe it's a few nutty members skewing the mean upwards.

Appreciate it SJ!!

Me either with the way storm tracks tend to trend NW around here. I think it's good that these storms are suppressed right now. I think the idea is that we have several "chances" to get something this week and hopefully at least one oft them pans out. If it does maybe it will be a big one too.

This is the whole key guys. EVERY system this winter has gone northwest. Look no further than these last two events. The ice last week looked suppressed and folks were talking about south Georgia a SC. But we ended up on fringe and watched Kentucky and Virginia's get slammed. Today's had us getting the goods, but the snow field now is waaay north. The longer the mods show these systems suppressed, the better. If they start trending outside of about 48 hours, it's over for most of us ( snow at least but not ice). That's why I think next weekend is the only one that gives the upstate any real chance. Naturally nc will have a better chance with some of the others.

Its is fun to watch everyone in the deep South wishcast Winter down here.  I figured it would be a NC storm in the end (if anything) and I stick with it. N. GA, NW/NE SC & NC to have the best chance.

We down here are screwed.

And Brick, multiple models point to losing the weekend storm or making it too warm for many now.

It seems like no one is talking about the models actually showing a solution that has a winter storm for next week. I thought we would be seeing that now. I know the setup is supposed to have a lot of potential, but it doesn't look like the models are actually showing a specific storm yet. That is a little concerning. Maybe I am just reading too much into it, though.

The weekend storm is a completely different solution vs precious GFS runs

The 6Z GFS agrees with the 0Z GFS about no 2/28 storm. That's because both runs develop a low off of the SE coast on 2/27 that wasn't on the prior GFS runs and sort of steals the thunder away from any potential 2/28 Gulf low. So, if one wants a 2/28 Gulf low, then he/she should hope that that 2/27 offshore SE low is fictitious.

I guess it can always come back but I don't like the trends last night. The worry is we've seen this a lot this winter where the models will have a storm but once it's crunch time at 5h it's ends up going to crap. I hope this isn't the case and if ever a big storm followed history this would be it. Five days away the models loose it only to bring it back with a vengeance three days away. Hopefully when I land in LA the models will be back to a storm.

it just goes along with everything trending away from anything wintery.

On the bright side, In a few weeks it'll be in the 70's and we can go golfing!!!  But really March will probably more highs in the 30s than 60's or 70s  You can bet that -NAO will show up sometime in March or April, to keep us cool and wet through spring.......

Archived