joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday, 2/18 Afternoon/Evening Snow on Snow Event

Deck Pic

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally checking back in here. HoCo definitely does Arctic fronts well. Was out in it with my youngest. Pure whiteout insanity for maybe 10 minutes. Think it was better than Vday, but wish it had been longer of course. Roads and sidewalk caved in 3 minutes. Maybe we got .3? All that said, can someone dig up a Miller A for me soon? :)

Was on the train when squall came thru Germantown -- looked good on Radarscope. Measured 1/2" on the driveway and sidewalk. LOL tied Saturday.

Punching thru the squall on the train going 60 mph northwestward reminded me of summer showers. Went from nothing to real intense, then over in less than a minute.

Wind already doing a number on the snow that was on the ground. Lots of snow blowing off roof tops in the 'hood. 

Biaotch, you have no idea what a hood is.   But I feel you.  *paste gangster emoticon here*

Actually, I'm surprised with today's warm temps and sun that there is as much blowing around.  I thought Bob Chill's pegged it yesterday when he mentioned warm temps and cake.

I grew up in East Baltimore not far from Belair-Edison (before moving to BFE PA in 10th grade). I know the streets :)

Biaotch, you have no idea what a hood is.   But I feel you.  *paste gangster emoticon here*

Actually, I'm surprised with today's warm temps and sun that there is as much blowing around.  I thought Bob Chill's pegged it yesterday when he mentioned warm temps and cake.

Archived