joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what I think and that's gusts to 60 mph here and 70+ out east. That's why I keep asking the mets what they think. It's a serious situation if there's a lot of power outages with that kind of cold

i know,I have been accused of hype and being a space cadet but trying to bang the serious nature around here then the jokesters start. This coming on the heels of what exists is serious especially with the extreme cold factor added, all kidding aside

I wonder if this ends up being somewhat of a now cast. I mean seeing how fast the MLevels deepen between 6z sunday and 12z seems key to tucking this LP , assuming other things stay favorable enough

The development of the mid-levels is very critical...if the models under-forecast the development, then we'll end up with more mature mid-level centers which increases inflow...i.e. they will be less elongated to the NE.

Is the southward trend of the ULL good for interior SNE? I thought I read earlier that we would benefit from inflow off the Atlantic if that happens. P.S. Just got back into the office where I can do a little catch up.... but not 15 pages!

Yes. Basically(Very simplified here), ULL being south allows the secondary to form at a more southerly latitude, allowing it more time to deepen and mature before it reaches the latitude which would impact our region. 

Archived