Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Basically(Very simplified here), ULL being south allows the secondary to form at a more southerly latitude, allowing it more time to deepen and mature before it reaches the latitude which would impact our region. 

Thank you. This is new info to me... understand now the link between the placement of the ULL and the formation of a secondary (surface?) low.

What is up with the GFS and especially the UK screwing nw of Boston? 

I believe it's the main "coastal" that hits ME the hardest and then the "IVT" type thing that hits SEMA/ECT the hardest and NW of BOS is left with the seconds from both that combine for a solid but not spectacular showing.

The development of the mid-levels is very critical...if the models under-forecast the development, then we'll end up with more mature mid-level centers which increases inflow...i.e. they will be less elongated to the NE.

Just so I'm clear on what you typed

We WANT Deeper Mid levels , correct?

I just saw how GFS bombed mid levels a tad earlier on 12z and tucked our low in tight and crushed E MA sunday early am.

Do models do generally well with ML low strength in this sort of set up?

Remember you told me about Halifax last night, GGEM gives them 85 mm, 3.33 inches with hurricane winds, now that is going to be sick

I have relatives that live out there, this would be pushing White Juan status if it verified. That storm crippled the entire region for several days after.

Archived