• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

And just so people are wondering, the southern track would allow to the low to try and wrap back in closer which obviously brings precip further SW.

This is pretty much a classic polar low. It even had signs of warm seclusion.

Yep i mentioned that, akin to a polar low, Antarctica stuff. But hey me being Major Tom what do I know. Congrats Cweat, Scooter, Hullamania, Peter in Gloucester, Eric, Jeffafa , Tamarack, Maine Photog, Eastport.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, you know .. .I was just reading NCEP mid/extended range discussion and thinking ... this guy is either incredibly smart or incredibly stupid:

...SENSIBLE WEATHER HIGHLIGHTS...
DAYS 3-4---COLD AND BLUSTERY CONDITIONS FOR THE NORTHEAST...GREAT LAKES AND APPRECIABLE TEMPERATURE FALLS EAST OF 100W LONGITUDE FROM THE CANADIAN BORDER TO THE GULF OF MEXICO. SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS FOR THE LAKES AND APPALACHIANS IN A BROAD FETCH OF NORTHWEST FLOW.

....where apparently I have no idea that a -3 or 4SD mid level vortex is slated to pass just under LI during said time frame... ummm

DAYS 4-6---DIGGING ENERGY INVOF THE FOUR CORNERS EJECTS
EAST-NORTHEASTWARD---AND MIGRATES FROM THE SOUTHERN HIGH PLAINS TO THE CENTRAL APPALACHIANS...THEN EXITS THE NORTHEAST COAST. ITS MID-LEVEL MOISTURE AND A RETURN LOW-LEVEL FLOW ORIGINATING IN THE WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO PRODUCING A SERIES OF OVER-RUNNING PRECIPITATION EVENTS ATOP THE MODIFIED-ARCTIC BOUNDARY IN PLACE EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER. A WINTRY MIX WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PLAINS...OZARKS AND WITHIN THE I-40/I-70 FROM THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. THE COLD CANADIAN AIRMASS BUILDING IN BEHIND THE FOUR-CORNERS SHORTWAVE...SHOULD GENERATE A BROAD AREA OF UPSLOPE SNOWS ACROSS THE HIGH PLAINS AND WESTWARD TO THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE.

Thats bizzare, I'm not seeing the same images on instantweathermaps. You're right, that's clearly south.

At any rate, not a huge change, but we'll take them if they are in the right direction. Still kind of model noise at this point, but as we get closer, smaller changes become more meaningful.

Ughhh headache inducing: "it's north" "it's south" "it's better" "it's the same"

It's called join another hobby and ignore it.   

I was telling a met buddy the other day:  if we are going to transition from such a wildly entertaining and proficient winter producing era into a mind game, I'd prefer it run out to spring with certain rapidity.  It's not really missing out that bothers, but wasting of one's time.     

Archived