Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think some elaboration is needed with that. 

Like I said, we were just discussing why models were doing what they are doing.  You can see at 6z, at 500mb, there is a bit better downstream ridging and the s/w digs a bit further south. It is things like that, which will have a say as to what happens here. I think we all agree that is a classic H5 track.

its the lack of a good block and the next time there is a good block there probably wont be a sw like this one wearing a superman cape....im not sold that ema doesnt get truly destroyed with up to two feet but it just may be more along the coast within 20 miles or out to the cape and islands but prob not bid....just my thoughts

Like I said, we were just discussing why models were doing what they are doing.  You can see at 6z, at 500mb, there is a bit better downstream ridging and the s/w digs a bit further south. It is things like that, which will have a say as to what happens here. I think we all agree that is a classic H5 track.

But regardless..shouldn't we expect to see  a sizeable snow event region wide as long as the 500 travels out bombs south of LI and the low bombs, with Eastern areas being favored for heaviest amounts?

Amateur question: If the H5 track is in a great position for SNE what is holding back the storm as a whole from being great? Just trying to wrap my head around the other pieces involved in this puzzle.

I mentioned it earlier last night. It depends on nuances. So, if we can correct these..it would result in a better solution, but there are reasons models are doing what they are doing. 

But regardless..shouldn't we expect to see  a sizeable snow event region wide as long as the 500 travels out bombs south of LI and the low bombs, with Eastern areas being favored for heaviest amounts?

Well yeah we'll all see something. But I was just discussing why models were doing what they are doing. You can see how even small corrections like what the 6z Gfs did means a lot to SNE. I like the overall look still.

It's too bad it doesn't slow a tad. The ULL track is great, but it's just a tad too progressive to get its act together verbatim for something larger. Maybe future runs improve.

This has been my concern all along for this.  I guess it's magnified for us in the hinterlands hoping for something significant.

Man, I wish I was still up in Maine this season--already 95" in my hood up there (same town as John (Mainephotog).

Best guess at this point for western areas is a few inches, a breeze, and some low bp.

12.9/8

I mentioned it earlier last night. It depends on nuances. So, if we can correct these..it would result in a better solution, but there are reasons models are doing what they are doing.

Thanks, my 2 years as a meteo major left me with "conversational meteorology" skills haha. Still learning. Hoping for some steady trending of an earlier bombing on today's model runs.

For those who partake in the examination of the variable known as QPF, 

Note: All these totals include tomorrow which is less than 0.1" for all except in PF land. No easy way to see total without it unfortunately on WxBell.

0.3"+ for all

0.5"+ from the southeast corner of CT to Mt. Tolland to SkiMRG to the VT/NY border and then due north.

0.7"+ from PVD-ORH-VT/NH border at the widest part of NH and then due north.

1"+ from BOS and then up into NH just west of I93

1.4"+ far NEMA to just south of Sunday River to Houlton, ME

1.8"+ southern ME(50 miles or less from the coast).

Fine by me. As long as we see that trend cease and desist.

Somewhat disappointing trends overnight outside of eastern areas. Was hoping for a continued trend SW. Either way even if it's a minor storm back here in terms of snow the cold/wind should be impressive.

As long as that thing goes south of us..we are in good shape..Not a blockbuster..but warning level snows and wind etc.

Somewhat disappointing trends overnight outside of eastern areas. Was hoping for a continued trend SW. Either way even if it's a minor storm back here in terms of snow the cold/wind should be impressive.

Agreed.  The shifts last night were not encouraging for southern and western areas.  That said, if we can manage some good ratios, we could still eek our some deceptive accumulation that will sublimate away quickly in the ensuing dry air mass.  Leading up to that, we'll still add a few inches and have a nice breeze to enjoy.

My eyes are on next week for the better snows out here.

12.6/9

sn-

Archived