joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not see much of a tick with the upper level low positioning in its approach during the timeframe when it could significantly influence the outcome.  After hrs 81 or 84 or so it does not really matter where the ULL goes because the SLP has already pulled NE.  Both the 0z and 18z GFS tracked the ULL through NYS.  Other guidance was further south.

there was a huge difference in the QPF field this run.  The H5 low was further south than 18z run and H7 low was as well.

I usually use the tropical tidbits site for analyzing the models-specifically the ECMWF. Is there another one you guys find more preferable? Seems as though some of you get the updated panels a little more quickly than I do on there.

instantweathermaps.com is what I use to get the GFS and NAM quickly, and I use weatherbell(It's $20 a month, but well worth it IMO) for the other models(including the Euro) and for more detailed analysis of the GFS/NAM because their graphics are much better and you can get zoomed in views which are critical for details. 

Archived