joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a look at 00z tonight. The shortwave we care about is the red X, the nearest soundings are the pink stars. So it isn't like it's a complete mystery to the models tonight.

Maybe the absolute strength of the shortwave is slightly under-sampled, but that could be argued at any part of the upper air network.

attachicon.gifupperair.png

Great info

0z looks like it digs a little more southeast, improvement from 18z I think

His point is that it showed a minor impact from the event tmw, which is correct.

at 96 hours on this weeks system it correctly targeted Scott as the heaviest band overnight into Monday.  I think it has it's moments (it was also too far south with the overrunning though)

GFS seems "fine" to me in general....it just comes together a little late for most of SNE with impacts increasing to the E

Must be pretty much dead nuts on 18z if we have people differing on trends.

0z digs H5 about 50 miles southeast of 18z, not ambiguous

People must be looking at smaller maps

Not taking any of this verbatim this early. Even the Euro / CMC had multiple surface lows juggling around. Bottom line huge amount of energy to play with, and nice to see the GFS northern outlier tick towards the rest.

0z digs H5 about 50 miles southeast of 18z, not ambiguous

People must be looking at smaller maps

Not taking any of this verbatim this early. Even the Euro / CMC had multiple surface lows juggling around. Bottom line huge amount of energy to play with, and nice to see the GFS northern outlier tick towards the rest.

I thought the shifts were pretty minor...toggling them, the 00z is slightly SE at the same time as 18z, but it is essentially model noise to me at this range. I'd be more "impressed" with a tick like that if it was inside of 48 hours versus 78-84 hours.

Archived