Newest Member
    Toothache
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first thing i thought of when I saw that out put, White Juan

I believe some of it is rain for Halifax looking at the 850 mb temps, but boy it is cutting close.

There were some areas during White Juan that recorded legit 20 cm/hr (8"/hr) rates. It was a truly incredible storm.

9:1 paste of 1.25" QPF is more impactful than 20:1 of 1.25" QPF imo.

Agreed. 

If you absolutely had to pick something to complain about down here during this stretch, it would be that....all cj fluff bombs.

I'm looking forward to the one next week because we may introduce some precip type issues and cement......get the cf out of Boston Harbor.

Rain or mix on top of all this would be disastrous. Epic proportions disastrous. Can't even imagine the urban flooding. Would make ice dams look like a joke in comparison.

I had 1.75 inches of rain on a 2 foot snow pack in 11, like a sponge, we aint getting 50 degree dews. Some street flooding because it has no where to go but thats it.

I think we could even get that out here the rate things are going.  Another 12 hours and we'll know a lot more I think.

I'm still thinking roughly .5 - .2 liquid equivalent east to west from I-91 in Mass.  There should be bands developing on top of the area as the 700mb slides through.  But nothing I've seen leads me to believe the good stuff can wrap all the way back.  I also don't buy big ratios.  It often doesn't pan out for a variety of reasons.  Meso events seem to work out best for high ratio snow.  This could actually end up being a largely meso event away from the coast.

Archived