Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wait 30 minutes and watch the obsession over a 0.10" change in QPF on the euro.

I'm still in the mode of wanting to pin down this ULL track and worry about QPF tomorrow.

So ULL track and orientation /  

as well as Mid level strengthening trends ? Are those what you are looking at from 12z euro (primarily)

Gosh I hope you didn't hear me as favoring HPC over the crew here! I don't take anything seriously unless the mets in the NE thread do. HPC is just a thing I look at. I think when it comes to these storms we have the mets in the world and I am one lucky dude to be allowed to tune in.

Did I see a Euro snow map with 18+ over much of ESNE, ECNE and ENNE? Like amounts approaching 3 feet on a 96 hour map? It was on Joe Cioffies fb page

Pay attention to the time stamps and valid times. Often their graphics cut storms in two parts (or in half at day 3). If you use their new probability page you can do 48 hour totals or change valid times tom12 or 00z depending on which cycle we're at.

Ryan tweeted GFS shows gusts to at least 60MPH in HFD Sunday morning..and that it was the weaker of the guidance

Deep cold air in place will make this a more efficient wind producer than a typical nor'easter. If you can get the LLJ all the way back to you you'll pound. Otherwise you may have to wait for the backside CAA.

Deep cold air in place will make this a more efficient wind producer than a typical nor'easter. If you can get the LLJ all the way back to you you'll pound. Otherwise you may have to wait for the backside CAA.

I know I hype big wind events ..but man if that kind of wind is that widespread with temps near 0 and snow falling, drifting etc....that is going to be very serious..all joking aside

Funny, when I think of busts my excitement juices get flowing. 

I was thinking the same thing.

It would be great if we can get some heavier snows back west. Things are looking more promising than they had been.  It's pretty tough to get blizzards out here, so my hopes don't lie there, just provide a few more inches of powder.

I know I hype big wind events ..but man if that kind of wind is that widespread with temps near 0 and snow falling, drifting etc....that is going to be very serious..all joking aside

I honestly am wondering if there is a power outage issue with this storm from backside CAA, or if it is just if that LLJ is far enough west for some ones location

Archived