Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ughhh headache inducing: "it's north" "it's south" "it's better" "it's the same"

If you think this is bad, just wait for the folks who get emotionally invested while on the fringe of areas realistically expecting certain levels of impact, suddenly hallucinating about the low center looking like it will form several feet south of where it was forecast, watching radar in NJ like a hawk for signs of false hope.

I think folks will have better luck finding a fix for their addiction/obsession in the stuff that happens after this weird double event N-stream dominance thing gets out of the way. 

The EPO stays negative so cold loading as we enter late season style should remain... and operationally, a lot of guidance brings more of a southern stream moisture transport into continental cold at that time.  

We may still get clipped ...hell, even majorly so for far eastern/NE zones - or not. But what's the price tag in getting there?  If you are responsible for forecasting more officially, ur f if you do or don't because one way or the other, the one-eyed-cosmic monster is out to ruin ur rep.  And if you are in it for some other reason, it's just not worth it... It sucks for you if you are forecasting for a living, because doing something else is not an option.   I don't envy you - 

Hard to read that map.. Was that .75 to I-91?

i don't think it did

The first shading of blue which is just inside NW portion of 128 is around .8 (as labeled up in maine clearer)

However in this set up i'm not terribly worried about models QPF totals (and not really bc of ratios) but a trend moister is def good to see

This would be an epic storm if not for it's predecessor today.  Today's storm is screwing the pooch.  Heights in the western Atlantic can't recover fast enough and the baroclinic zone is shifted too far east.   Ironically, with weaker dynamics, I think we'll get more from Tues- Wed with the GOM open for business

Archived