Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol we are scraping to get a chance at 1-1.5 inches, and ho hum Boston is looking at another 1-1.5 feet.

LOL!  Yeah.

Maybe now we'll stop hearing some of them flap their gums about how we "stole" from them during 2009-10 or something, or how we still "deserve" to "pay" for that. :whistle:   If that clipper bombs out how the guidance is showing, they'll almost certainly have over 90" for the season.  Almost all of that fell since the last week of January.  At least they didn't put up with cold rain after cold rain when we got bombed five years ago, and they had a not half-bad winter all the same.

randy and I are going if guidance holds..

I was planning on going with the wife and baby to Boston this weekend for the holiday anyways....I want to go ever more now, but am nervous because we have 3 1/2 month old little Stephen with us.  We would be hunkered down in a hotel of course but still... don't want to get stuck in any bad situations with him.  Not sure what to do, first time parent, kids don't really come with an instruction manual.  (but they should)

I am still not convinced it is not headed for Detroit.  18z should perhaps show signs of more SE trend...Euro can jump hundred miles at a time in one 24 hour period

its a week away, why would we be convinced of ANYTHING at this point.  What is different about this situation seems to be more cold in front (maybe) what is the same is the AO/NAO still want to be awful and that means high pressure will offer little resistance and move out of the way easily.  That usually leaves us vulnerable to a track to our NW.  Sound familiar.  We don't need the AO/NAO to be good to score if other factors are in our favor, but we need it to not be god awful wretched with the PV located right over Greenland. 

I was planning on going with the wife and baby to Boston this weekend for the holiday anyways....I want to go ever more now, but am nervous because we have 3 1/2 month old little Stephen with us.  We would be hunkered down in a hotel of course but still... don't want to get stuck in any bad situations with him.  Not sure what to do, first time parent, kids don't really come with an instruction manual.  (but they should)

they break easy too

GEFS and Canadian ensembles took a step towards each other compared to 00z, with the Canadian ensembles making a clear shift northwest.  There's a fair amount of spread -- everything from the Great Lakes to Miller As.  Looking at the meteograms, it appears that there's a fair amount of support for the front-end-thump idea.

The GGEM op run looks like a significant ice storm for I95 in Maryland.

except for the GFS, the runs have been fairly encouraging today

I agree. I'm mostly encouraged by the euro ens supporting lp tracking far enough south and a band of precip in here before things get dicey when it makes the turn. I was expecting a worse version of last night's run. I wish it wasn't so far away though. Especially with inherent flaws that aren't going away.

I agree. I'm mostly encouraged by the euro ens supporting lp tracking far enough south and a band of precip in here before things get dicey when it makes the turn. I was expecting a worse version of last night's run. I wish it wasn't so far away though. Especially with inherent flaws that aren't going away.

not getting worse is a win for us. I really did except to see the euro show a a Miller B track today heading towards Dayton Ohio lol. that is probably still on the table too!

Euro ensembles are pretty encouraging. The west tracks that suck for us are in the far minority. Many look like the op but the front running precip that hits south hits us. Definitely snow to mix scenario in the majority but overall it's a good run.

The ensembles where to the south of us in the last storm and jumped N and W in one model run.  :(

Archived