• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

Yes, and broader. We will never do well with NS storms dropping down from MN/MI and the "uphill" side of the trough being off the coast means no chance to have something turn the corner and come up to us. Just not enough real estate.

With a more broad trough and axis further west than it is now opens the door for southern systems to come up and also northern systems to go underneath. 

ETA: the fact that we actually may get a little precip on Saturday is impressive. It's a terrible track but the vort is so amped and enough cold is in place that we score a little fringe before the front. Usually we get zip or rain showers with that track. 

actually in the 70's that used to be the norm with events to our west

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EPS/GEFS have nice cold look all the way through the ends of.the runs. Both have a decent trough axis from d8-15. Still no blocking but not a dry look. Seems possible for a respectable comeback even with mixed events.

If we could get some stuff to finally break our way, dca 12+, IAD 20+, and bwi 16+ could happen before the month ends.

I'll remain skeptical but the general look isn't a warm snowless one

EPS/GEFS have nice cold look all the way through the ends of.the runs. Both have a decent trough axis from d8-15. Still no blocking but not a dry look. Seems possible for a respectable comeback even with mixed events.

If we could get some stuff to finally break our way, dca 12+, IAD 20+, and bwi 16+ could happen before the month ends.

I'll remain skeptical but the general look isn't a warm snowless one

my mentality is now something between a "salvage" or "search and rescue" mission for winter so I plan on remaining positive to what I hope is not a bitter end

We are never far from climo here heh.

Mitch is right on BWI. Others are correct above.

Lol- climo seems like a low bar but for some reason or another getting there takes a lot of work and luck way more often than not.

Getting there this year doesn't look too good but getting close enough to look back at the #s and rate the year as ok after enough time has elapsed to forget the despair thread seems possible.

Lol- climo seems like a low bar but for some reason or another getting there takes a lot of work and luck way more often than not.

Getting there this year doesn't look too good but getting close enough to look back at the #s and rate the year as ok after enough time has elapsed to forget the despair thread seems possible.

Yeah should give it a good try at least. Still kinda like sub 10" at DCA but that's not a huge stretch anymore.

Archived