Newest Member
    amirah5
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best guess...DCA is 4-5" before flip..more north and west

Outright flip to rain, or more of a mix (not that it matters to parse that much right now)?  Maps are kind of slow for me so I'm not seeing some of the later panels some of you are.  I'm wondering if the relatively warm period is brief, supporting maybe a flip back, or not.

Outright flip to rain, or more of a mix (not that it matters to parse that much right now)?  Maps are kind of slow for me so I'm not seeing some of the later panels some of you are.  I'm wondering if the relatively warm period is brief, supporting maybe a flip back, or not.

No flip back,...I know this is silly, but best guess looking at soundings and panels.

For DC

3am - 2pm: 4" snow

2pm - 5pm - Mod to heavy sleet

5pm - 9pm - Freezing Rain

9pm - 1am - Rain

Then back below freezing by 2-3am

No flip back,...I know this is silly, but best guess looking at soundings and panels.

For DC

9pm - 1am - Rain

it's not silly because we haven't been able to do it w/in 24 hours this year so what the he!!

For DC

9pm - 1am - Rain

No, not silly...thanks for looking at those details (even if at this range, it's for interest only).  If something like this pans out, it will be a mess both Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning.

Correction:  Pretty much all of Tuesday would be a total mess if this is what happens.

No, not silly...thanks for looking at those details (even if at this range, it's for interest only).  If something like this pans out, it will be a mess both Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning.

Correction:  Pretty much all of Tuesday would be a total mess if this is what happens.

Tuesday at 10pm, DCA is 6.  lol

Looks like we have 1-2" on the ground by rush hour Tues morn.  As Wes said, need to be careful about overamped and all the frontrunning going into PA

This is about a best case scenario..  I need to do stuff tomorrow morning or would write a CWG article on it.  Instead, I'll probably do a quote.  The GFS track and evolution is the way you get a front end thump.  WOuld be a big storm for JI,  snow to sleet and probably freezing rain though I haven't looked at the soundings. I'm a tad worried that the warming will come in above 850 so our snow period will be shorter than we think assuming the track stays the same, a big assumption. 

Archived