Newest Member
    amirah5
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 days or so isn't la la land to me... under a week at least this time around

Wait.... how in the world did any of us move to "6 days or so isn't la la land..?" Six days?! Model performance didn't just undertake some huge leap forward this season, and we have plenty of observational evidence this season that going past 72-hrs isn't a good idea for whittling down a forecast. 

So, again, 6 days?! 

Wait.... how in the world did any of us move to "6 days or so isn't la la land..?" Six days?! Model performance didn't just undertake some huge leap forward this season, and we have plenty of observational evidence this season that going past 72-hrs isn't a good idea for whittling down a forecast. 

So, again, 6 days?! 

I think Yoda was drinking.  Cut him some slack.

Yes, but I'm so used to seeing heights ticker higher and 850's getting warmer every run that I can't help but to be a bit more encouraged than recent events.

Yeah it's a good bunch of moves today overall. But I dunno if that's terribly meaningful yet. Possible we'll get a better idea a little earlier than with a NS miller b but this winter has been brutal with short term shifters.

all of them this year have continued the trend north once it started

we had a trend north late yesterday and last night's runs, and now, at least the gfs, is trending back in our favor

yeah, nothing to stop the trend in our favor, but this breaks the mold already so let's wait with the hope it will be different

So, again, 6 days?!

Most of us are to blame at some pt probably. But yes ample proof this year. you almost wish everyone would stop being so literal on snow total discussion run to run at range but that's way out of the bag at this point... And not talking just here of course.

all of them this year have continued the trend north once it started

we had a trend north late yesterday and last night's runs, and now, at least the gfs, is trending back in our favor

yeah, nothing to stop the trend in our favor, but this breaks the mold already so let's wait with the hope it will be different

We had some south trends in Jan but NS dominant. Trend is kind of a misnomer anyway even though we all talk about it. at this range it's just projectile splattering vomit still.

But at least we are getting 'proof' the west and strong wasn't what we wanted.

It's hard not to feel good about a widespread 5-10" dump followed up with sleet/zr and then a glacier. Every run that avoids a west srain event as we move forward is a good thing. Models seem locked into a decent event for now. I'll enjoy it until something tells me not to.

That second sheared troff axis sweeping through the great lakes seems to be forcing the storm east and keeping the track fairly consistent across model runs. Lets hope that feature stays the same.

Truth. And I thought the 12z gfs was taking us down that path early. We live to fight another day. I wish the euro ran the same time as the gfs...

Argh just typed up response then phone browser crashed.

Basic gist.. I think a lot of sys from range have been overamped. May have some impact with Sat sys but that seems to bomb one way or another regardless of the potential for BOS to get NYC'ed.

Archived