joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody Else notice how much colder the Ensembles are from the Op Runs right now

I was just looking at that.  00z GFS and Canadian ensembles look great.  It looks like most members are east of the control runs, and the meteograms for DC have shifted to clearly favor snow.  The best look I've seen all year.

I was going to mention that, but didn't feeling like typing up all the disclaimers and dealing with the grief for talking about the 84 hour NAM.    It is much quicker

Is the Ukie ejecting the energy in the southwest in weaker intermittent weaker waves? If so, that could potentially work out for us down the road potentially.

I don't get detailed vort panels. Just precip/pressure/temps.

The 2 wave idea is on the table but we really don't want to go down that route. Unless we have a cold air feed, time is our enemy.

We want precip in here as quick as possible. Stating the obvious but that's really an important piece.

I don't get detailed vort panels. Just precip/pressure/temps.

The 2 wave idea is on the table but we really don't want to go down that route. Unless we have a cold air feed, time is our enemy.

We want precip in here as quick as possible. Stating the obvious but that's really an important piece.

I don't know.  It depends on the spacing between the waves and whether a reinforcing shot of cold air can get in.  I wouldn't necessarily say we don't want it, but I'm kinda with you in pulling for the consolidated storm that threads the needle.  In fact I'm secretly, and now publicly pulling for a March 1993 type of storm with a track slightly to the SE of that one. 

Archived