joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see my post above that might enlighten you, though it will require you to venture outside your bubble, so be careful     lol

LOL!!  Yeah, I think he forgot about that little blip of a storm known as PD-II, which could have been considered historic I believe. :lol:

I will say that winter 13/14 had more events compared to 02/03...and of course last March was incredible (even historic, as Marches go around here?).

138 850 0c line nudges NW of I-95 a tad... but we are thumped nicely before then by snow... snow to sleet as the system pulls away on this 12z GGEM run

2mT in 20s entire storm

In the 20s the entire storm?  That's pretty cold.  So basically cold sleet at the end to encase the snow in a hard crust of ice.

it doesn't start for 120 hours...I hope nobody is taking these runs or this event seriously....

I'm writing a quote about it.  Still lots of uncertainty with some ensemble members still taking hte low to our west even though that number has diminished.  I can remember two decent snowstorms with the surface look, track of the GFS.  The lower pressure across the Great Lakes but can rember a bunch more that disappointed.  It's certainly worth watching.

it doesn't start for 120 hours...I hope nobody is taking these runs or this event seriously....

Im not taking the runs seriously but Im taking the event seriously...We should stand a good shot at least at a nice little front end event, and Im on record of saying that a couple days ago. Obviously things can change to screw us more, but I have a bit of a hard time not seeing at least a little snow on the front end.

Archived