joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
State of the snowpack

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90% of my property has 18-20" (checked about 10 spots).  A few locations are 10-12" and a few are 20-24", both presumably due to drifting.  And I'm not counting my huge footprints, or where I've done snow angels.  :>)

I'd expect to have 90% of the yard covered until at least 3/20 or so, as I'm guessing there's 3-4" of LE locked up in that pack.  

Down to a few inches mainly in the shade here on the south shore. That's on average there are still drifts from the blizzard that should last a while longer

Pretty similar here. I was just out driving around, and it's amazing how much bare ground there is already. Shady areas do still have several inches.

Pretty similar here. I was just out driving around, and it's amazing how much bare ground there is already. Shady areas do still have several inches.

Makes sense as there was a big SW to NE gradient this year. I can say there is less snow left in queens then even out by me 15 miles east from the blizzard

Ableto finally snow blow sidewalls at work yesterday was surprisingly shocked at how deep the snow was overall and how much of the fresh snow was still left at 2 pm in the sun with temps about 41... I measured 12 inches where it wasn't drifted with no grasses anywhere. By time I return to work Saturday,I'll try to remember to give an update!

Archived