joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
State of the snowpack

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 5-6 inches left here. Here's a pic from this morning before the sun came up. The end is near for my snowpack which has been on the ground since late January. Gonna be weird to see grass again! Hahaha

Great shot. Gotta love Monmouth County.

I've got anywhere from 0-12" now, with a lot of grass showing, but still >50% coverage. Today will go in the books as day 46. Not sure if we make > 50% coverage another day, but 46 days from Jan 24-March 10th is awesome.

Great shot. Gotta love Monmouth County.

I've got anywhere from 0-12" now, with a lot of grass showing, but still >50% coverage. Today will go in the books as day 46. Not sure if we make > 50% coverage another day, but 46 days from Jan 24-March 10th is awesome.

You could still see some big trees down too from Sandy. If anyone needs free firewood and has their own chainsaw, just let me know. ha ha ha

Just took a walk down to CPK and I can't believe how much snow is in the north woods. If anyone has ever been there it's like a slice of upstate smack dab in the middle of manhattan. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't been.

About 6" on average on north facing rocky slopes.

Urban manhattan is basically devoid of snow

Just took a walk down to CPK and I can't believe how much snow is in the north woods. If anyone has ever been there it's like a slice of upstate smack dab in the middle of manhattan. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't been.

About 6" on average on north facing rocky slopes.

Urban manhattan is basically devoid of snow

CPK still reported 6" snow depth today. Wasn't sure about the accuracy but based on your description might be true afterall. That's about the only place one can still see a solid snowpack in the city.. 

7" at the stake with quite a bit more in many spots in the woods.  We developed bare spots yesterday, but still >90% coverage.

The snow is softer (and more granular) than it has been, but the beaten path to my weather station is treacherous ice.  For hikers, that means you'd better wear traction aids.

Archived