joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter Storm Discussion 2/5-2/6

dryslot

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeha maybe some weenie 6-7" totals in the Berks and monads on that...but I'll want to see more support to be convinced. There's some ML fronto that works SE in this so it's possible to see a heavier band or two, but I'd like to see the coastal get more involved to think about warning snows.

In the back of my mind, i still think this could be a 1-2" event too.

impressive Arctic front though, cold mofo day Friday with wind and whatever falls blowing around

Yeha maybe some weenie 6-7" totals in the Berks and monads on that...but I'll want to see more support to be convinced. There's some ML fronto that works SE in this so it's possible to see a heavier band or two, but I'd like to see the coastal get more involved to think about warning snows.

In the back of my mind, i still think this could be a 1-2" event too.

are folks in e 1/2 of SNE counting on the offshore Coastal giving us the push into advisory amounts, directly or indirectly? BC I have zero confidence in that coastal at this point

I keep telling the ladies at work (gym)  the only thing we can do with regard to the snow, is just pray ...for more . Usually results in laughs and head shaking... but there a few snow weenies in the bunch. Besides if they fuss about my pro snow attitude I just hand out more and more squats

are folks in e 1/2 of SNE counting on the offshore Coastal giving us the push into advisory amounts, directly or indirectly? BC I have zero confidence in that coastal at this point

I keep telling the ladies at work (gym)  the only thing we can do with regard to the snow, is just pray ...for more . Usually results in laughs and head shaking... but there a few snow weenies in the bunch.

Eastern areas would probably need the coastal and they are more likely to get it. I also have very little confidence that it will produce much. But even if it only gives an inch or two on top of another inch from the ML fronto band, then you've got low end advisory stuff.

Either way, it'll be worth watching, but I'm not expecting warning amounts outside of some weenie spots in CNE that might get lucky from the fronto band.

Haven't been looking at this much all day but ML fronto band looks consistent for Berks into S VT S Cent NH and Interior CP of Maine.

I wouldn't lock in anything from the coastal at this point....and actually I would think hghest confidence in advisory for SNE currently in  Berks- MPM  not NE/ E  mass just based on set up...and I am a huge snow weenie. Hope the look changes a bit.  

New GFS gives James bupkis

We'd tap that.  Up to 0.5" at MVL over the next two days would be nice, lol, but good luck with that.  I like around 0.25" QPF up here.  If its Currier and Ives, that could hit 5" or so.

This is what keeps great skiing, well great.  The consistent refreshers.  Doesn't have to be much, but the slopes have been on quite the run at area resorts since the Grinch storm over a month ago.

This looks great for BEast and up and down the Greens/Berks and adjacent Taconics.

Feb5GFS_zps24b32fb6.png

Euro is now a complete whiff with the coastal for everyone except flurries for the cape and immediate coastline. Looks like lots of C-2" from the overrunning in SNE will do it with generally low end advisory for CNE/NNE. Only guidance supporting an advisory level event now for the eastern areas is the RGEM.

Euro has a great ML fronto look for CNE...it clips N of the pike too before weakening as it travels SE...this is basically the event right now...well it has been for us interior folk anyway for the past couple runs since I was counting on little to nothing from the coastal anyway.

BOX map  2-4 for many with more to the NE

B8_s4DBIEAAGFZI.png

Expand0 replies6 retweets0 favorites
 Retweeted6
 Favorite

BOX is also saying this.  The ZFP forecast for the Pit calls for 3-5".  My p/c calls for 1" today, 1-3" tonight, 1-3" tomorrow.   I'll take that and run. 

8.0/4, up from a low of 3.5

Maybe they see something I don't, but I don't see that. I suppose if that weenie band were to park further SE it could happen. It seems like you are on the line so I would watch.

This reminds me of their rediculous call a week ago....warning for 4-8", that verifed as an inch. 

I mean, missed forecasts happen, but when it's clear as day to a novice like myself that the forecast doesn't stand a snowball's chance in DC of verifying, then something is wrong.

Maybe they see something I don't, but I don't see that. I suppose if that weenie band were to park further SE it could happen. It seems like you are on the line so I would watch.

It'll be gone by the 4 PM package at the latest... down to 1-2 or less, I would guess.

Archived