joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter Storm Discussion 2/5-2/6

dryslot

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is in full weenie mode, bombs left and right.

kind of like RGEMs depiction of higher snows in CNE from a slowing Arctic boundary. Also once the LP passes, impressive winds and cold. Even a couple of inches will blow around crazily. I see a negative NAO showing up now, should promote more southerly snows for the MA up through NE. The GEFS, Euro Ens are absurd

Do these Currier and Ives guys have a Twitter account?  A lot of mentions of them here lately, so I'd like to give them a follow.  In all seriousness, a relatively small event like Thursday feasibly growing into something a little bigger will continue the strain on municipal snow removal budgets.  Not to mention, there are a lot of exhausted public works folks in parts of New England.

How am I over the edge?  Both the NAM and GFS show at least 6-8" and with ratios that's 8-12"

Actually, they don't. Some of the qpf is rain initially. Bl is torched down there. Once the storm winds up there's a very short window. I think the box map is the way to go at this juncture.

post-79-0-79900700-1423014753_thumb.jpg

Do these Currier and Ives guys have a Twitter account? A lot of mentions of them here lately, so I'd like to give them a follow. In all seriousness, a relatively small event like Thursday feasibly growing into something a little bigger will continue the strain on municipal snow removal budgets. Not to mention, there are a lot of exhausted public works folks in parts of New England.

As one told me today, I am tired but I will be refreshed when I cash my check, it's what we do.

Archived