joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter Storm Discussion 2/5-2/6

dryslot

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone help me with the timing of this. It would be greatly appreciated. I have an appt in Boston on Thursday morning and want to know if I should consider changing it. Even if this is a 2-4 type deal if it is occurring during the morning commute....well you all know my concern. Thanks in advance for any insight.

That's the problem/reveal here ...  it doesn't matter whether one is happy with this or that. It never did, and never will, ...the weather is going to do what it is going to do, regardless.

When you talk that way, it exposes an unhealthy obsession... It's okay to be obsessed with something you have control over, ...like a writing hobby. Or a hiking.  Or music...etc.  But you have absolutely no control over the vagarious nature of the wind, so to allow one's emotive sensibility be guided by utter randomness....  

It just never ceases to baffle me.  Buuut, we all know I've bitched about this before to no avail so heh, I guess it is what it is..

That's the problem/reveal here ... it doesn't matter whether one is happy with this or that. It never did, and never will, ...the weather is going to do what it is going to do, regardless.

When you talk that way, it exposes an unhealthy obsession... It's okay to be obsessed with something you have control over, ...like a writing hobby. Or a hiking. Or music...etc. But you have absolutely no control over the vagarious nature of the wind, so to allow one's emotive sensibility be guided by utter randomness....

It just never ceases to baffle me. Buuut, we all know I've

:weenie:

Can anyone help me with the timing of this. It would be greatly appreciated. I have an appt in Boston on Thursday morning and want to know if I should consider changing it. Even if this is a 2-4 type deal if it is occurring during the morning commute....well you all know my concern. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Maybe right around commute time like after 5-7?

That's the problem/reveal here ...  it doesn't matter whether one is happy with this or that. It never did, and never will, ...the weather is going to do what it is going to do, regardless.

When you talk that way, it exposes an unhealthy obsession... It's okay to be obsessed with something you have control over, ...like a writing hobby. Or a hiking.  Or music...etc.  But you have absolutely no control over the vagarious nature of the wind, so to allow one's emotive sensibility be guided by utter randomness....  

It just never ceases to baffle me.  Buuut, we all know I've

Tip,

Maybe it's an unhealthy obsession, but I love to watch it snow. What can I say.

Tip,

Maybe it's an unhealthy obsession, but I love to watch it snow. What can I say.

I mean ... don't get me wrong... I admit to a certain fascination when snow depths challenge seasonal records, and the mystique of 'how bad will it get' is fun and all that.   But it stops there with me.  If it didn't snow again, meh ... chalk it up to it not being this year that happens.  

Although, we are nearing my dread time of the year.  In spring, with the rising sun angles, lengthening days ... my interest in winters goes down like a nympho with an oral fixation.  By the time April 1 rolls around, the last thing on my mind is snow.. I want crispy cauliflower CBs with tornado watches, the smell of humidity, and the beach.  Alas!  It's April 1, which means undoubtedly .. .have to suffer through a one last meaningless winter threat, or a cut-off West Atlantic anal hole of diharea weather ...either way, the rest of the country is basking and New England ends up somehow disconnected from the Earth on some distant climatological sh!t-show planet.

When I get wealthy enough, I will buy a home elsewhere, and will sans this warmth forsaken pos area of the world from April 1 until May 15 ... and the May 15 is optional, too.  I've seen it stuff raw sh!t down throats until mid June some years.  

Meanwhile ...when it does, people are somehow strangely appeased because it somehow languishes them from having to disconnect from their snow delusion.  So you can't bear hanging around on-line either. It's just a bad time of year.  

Now ...once in a blue moon, some year comes along to buck the butt f --k longer term climate, and we can get interesting.  In 1998, it was 89, 91, and 90, up at my Al Mamodor, three days in a row leading up to March 31st.  April 1, fitting ... it was 39F... girls standing in shorts at campus bus stops with their arms crossed, shaking in purple patch work of pure survival blotched about their tortured thighs.   It was as though because it was so hot, for so long, it must still be warm.  'I know - riiiight'

It just never ceases to baffle me.  Buuut, we all know I've bitched about this before to no avail so heh, I guess it is what it is..

lol, here we go the old unemotionally attached lecture, lol

Its healthy , invigorating, cleansing, allows you to free up your mind, clears away the negativity. He's such a grumpy sour puss just let it go or better yet let it snow.

No... You guys getting depressed because of missed or blown snow storm is unhealthy... 

End of discussion -

Archived