Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Nor'easter Storm Discussion 2/5-2/6

dryslot

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is a little more liberal to SNE with the fronto band than previously. It is still not a big event or anything..1-3".

Will what is up with Box map "thinking" in your opinion

http://www.weather.gov/box/stormtotalsnow

It gives W MA and ORH county less than NE mass. Most models show band hitting Berks hardest, then N Orh Next, then maybe Lowell-Haverhill. That Box map doesn't seem to Jive with models (even from last night) ?

Seems like they forgot to take a eraser from say Marlboro to Falmouth and replace 3-4 and 4-6's (does anyone see a reason NE mass is 4-6")

It gives W MA and ORH county less than NE mass. Most models show band hitting Berks hardest, then N Orh Next, then maybe Lowell-Haverhill. That Box map doesn't seem to Jive with models (even from last night) ?

That map is from 4AM. There was still some (grasping at straws) thinking that the coastal gets going...

The only thing I can think of is they thought there would be a bit of enhancement in NE MA as the coastal got going even though the meat of it is off shore..maybe re-energize the band or something...but yeah, I am not sure I buy the 3-4" amounts on the south shore to the upper Cape.

That is true, But even the foothills i would have thought

Long Falls Dam (which sadly no longer reports) got 56" in the 2/69 monster, but could only add another 7" in a 10-day period. It's the 1717-like four-storm attack that set the record. If anyplace/time in recent years could challenge, it would be top-of-the-'Loaf in April 2007. There were reports of 60"+ up there from the Patriots Day storm, and they probably got 20"+ from the smaller event on 4/12-13.

Yeah.  I was actually thinking that Monday night after 50+inches was hit for the season.

Would be pretty wild.

Do you have the time to do a depth measurement, pic an unsheltered non drift spot,take about 10 measurements. I had 28 yesterday but will not be home until very late tonight, was wondering how much compacted today above freezing and all.

3-5" around here is quite possible tomorrow by the look of things

I remember an event during my High School days. Forgot exactly what year it was but sometime between 2004-2008. Similar situation took place with a coastal whiffing pretty hard, but a strong Arctic front coming down overnight. Forecasts were for like 1-3", but I woke up in the morning to bone chilling cold and 6" of pure fluff on the ground and school was cancelled. Pretty sure it had to be an Ana-Front because it was in the mid to upper 30s during the day prior.

Archived