joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll tell you...i really miss the days when we would have blockbuster 00z runs and everyone would be so hyped up.  models have kicked us all in the balls over and over this winter.  just once i want a legit threat to show up and the models to give us those big dog runs leading up to it.  ill never forget the xmas storm in 2010 when robert was doing pbp one night and said "i need smelling salts" as he posted the snow totals for the nc/sc locations.

Doesn't the fact that none of the models has shown anything close to a storm inside of 5 days tell us that maybe the models have not been that bad?  Sure they've thrown out plenty of 10 day fantasy storms, but little inside of that time period. 

TW

Just once it would be amazing to see a storm show up within 3 days and get better.

i'll tell you...i really miss the days when we would have blockbuster 00z runs and everyone would be so hyped up. models have kicked us all in the balls over and over this winter. just once i want a legit threat to show up and the models to give us those big dog runs leading up to it. ill never forget the xmas storm in 2010 when robert was doing pbp one night and said "i need smelling salts" as he posted the snow totals for the nc/sc locations.

+1!

Sure is quiet here today. Hope to have some good model runs for next week. Looks like there might be some potential there for wintry weather.

I think most have thrown in the towel. Even if we get something now it will be slushy junk and I've seen enough of that the last few years. Looks like a great weekend though, I'm excited about that.

Sure is quiet here today. Hope to have some good model runs for next week. Looks like there might be some potential there for wintry weather.

I don't think there's much potential at all comparatively speaking.  In comparison to past situations and set ups this winter what's on the models is very disappointing.  Looks like a northern stream clipperfest for as far as the eye can see.  At least in the past we had actual fantasy storms show up. 

We're stuck in a repetative loop this winter.  No blocking EVER to keep storms south and cold.  But just enough of a crappy western ridge to keep us cool...and enough of a crappy STJ to keep us wet.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  The only good thing it looks like is the STJ dies and we may dry out.  The overall pattern has shown it's hand this winter no matter what the models put out in the long range.  And right now they don't look good.  That bowling ball in a week is the only chance I see, but I'm not holding my breath. 

At this point I'm rooting for the streak....ZERO snow, not even a trace in CLT.  That's history at least.  In 2011-12 we had at least a snow shower to give us a trace.  And how ironic it will be that CLT makes history with all the hype surrounding what was going to be this winter. 

Gotta just hope we get a new pattern next year. 

Archived