joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the aversion of some to March snow. As I've said recently, March had been a productive month for snow and ice for at least central/western NC in recent years. Three of the last six Marches have had major winter storms (and the only March with no flakes was March 2012). The first week or so of the month has been the most productive week of the winter in recent years, in fact.

I'm not saying it will snow this March as I don't pretend to be a LR forecaster, but it certainly has a good shot at doing so if we get the proper setup.

I was going to write him and tell him how he ignores everyone but the NE. I do understand that the bulk of the population lives there, but he did make a forecast for the SE also, so we need to feel the love too.

I am sure they play to their base, as they should.  I also think they likely feel their model suite is enough to keep most of their fringe customers happy.

Lastly, and most importantly, i am very confident he will talk about something if there is a chance for something.  He has to rooting for something to drill us since he went with such a bold snow forecast south of 40N.

When something pops up, he will likely be one of the first to mention it.  He ignores us because there isn't anything to talk about, lol.

I don't understand the aversion of some to March snow. As I've said recently, March had been a productive month for snow and ice for at least central/western NC in recent years. Three of the last six Marches have had major winter storms (and the only March with no flakes was March 2012). The first week or so of the month has been the most productive week of the winter in recent years, in fact.

I'm not saying it will snow this March as I don't pretend to be a LR forecaster, but it certainly has a good shot at doing so if we get the proper setup.

The fact that there have been 3 major winter storms in the last 6 marches pretty much says that we are due for a long period of years without any March snow. 

Big Joe B feels the end game for this winter will be long and drawn out and gradually back into the plains.  No word on anything DC or south.

JB is a salesman he plays to his buyers, all the NE/MA weenies subscribe to him because all he talks about is how it can snow for them, he must be trying to pull in more subscribers in the plains.  The SE probably is not a big part of his subscriber base, I don't blame him, he makes a ton of money off his subscriber base.  It will be curious to see if he holds true to what he has been saying for months now that the pac will flip and the cold/snow shifts away from the easy next winter.  I have WB but I haven't listened to his crap for several weeks now.

Looks like the Pyrenees set a world record (unofficial) with 13 feet of snow in 3 days.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/weathermatrix/156-inches-of-snow-in-pyrenees-world-record/41689081

To put that into perspective, that's about the same amount of snow Atlanta receives over an 80 year period.

It's also 12 feet 11+ inches more than Nashville TN has seen at one time in the last 1,450 days.

Oh, I like this game. It would take 780 years for Waycross to get that much snow and that is assuming we actually get the 0.2 every year which hasn't hasn't happened in 26 years which means it will take much longer than 284,700 days for me to get even remote control close to 157 inches of snow.

It's just our luck that things start looking better for snow chances after mid February. By then, we have huge issues with sun angle, ground temps, etc. I haven't seen anything more than an inch after Mid Feb in 22 years so I won't hold my breath.

Hey! some old catchphrases that haven't shown up yet this season! :P

Looks like the Pyrenees set a world record (unofficial) with 13 feet of snow in 3 days.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/weathermatrix/156-inches-of-snow-in-pyrenees-world-record/41689081

i would say its their year this year.. there hasnt been much snow in the midwest back until recently.. i guess when they are having a good winter we get the short end of the stick.

Archived