joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seasonal forecasting isn't easy, you (and the others) were guessing. Most of the seasonal and LR models showed otherwise, it just didn't work out.

What I meant was when folks were saying how great the pattern was I called bollocks...... In Dec and Jan...  We have not had a single period of time this winter with a pattern that was conducive to snow...  There was a whole slew of posters who couldn't see past their rose colored glasses long enough to see the reality...  That the pattern has sucked all winter...

Ask Brick or Dacula if they agree.....

I nailed it better than Wilkesboro bro, you know it and so does everyone else.... be jelly.

Brick says you're always negative. Anybody that doesn't see the positives for snow even in the face of a screaming SE ridge and diving -PNA in the month of July is just being negative and probably shouldn't post, according to the Brickster.

Hell yea!!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away

You know the nearer your destination,

the more you slip sliding away

Whoah God only knows, God makes his plan

The information's unavailable to the mortal man

We're workin' our jobs, collect our pay

Believe we're gliding down the highway, when in fact we're slip sliding away

I was going to write him and tell him how he ignores everyone but the NE. I do understand that the bulk of the population lives there, but he did make a forecast for the SE also, so we need to feel the love too.

Maybe we should write Old Man Winter and tell him how he ignores the SE! I understand winter is a rarity in these parts but this crazy. Forecast for GSP all weekend is 60s and 40s, that won't do at all. :( The long range does show some indications but then that's been the case all winter.

Holy crap....would you at the summer invasion across the southeast this weekend!! 63 and sunny in the triad! Woohoo!! Lawn care all weekend, ride my tractor till the wheels fall off, wash the car, cook some burgers and dogs. And its FEBRUARY!!

Lovin me some global warming. Think I will go burn a 55 gallon drum of 10W30 to celebrate.

I need a snow donation, I'll take flurries, showers, graupel , heavy! To date I have a trace, so I'm trying to get to 12 inches of snow, my forecast for my area, based on persimmon seeds, any help would be appreciated! :)

Somebody needs to donate you a GPS so you don't drive around 485 all night looking for the GTG! :)

Throwing these out into the atmosphere so maybe the snow gods will pick up on them....remember the good ol days? Check out the hours on these images...138, 84, 78hrs out...I miss those times. Ah, the nostalgia.

ecmwf_tsnow_nc_14.png

12z_nam.png

YMN0b.gif

Archived