joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the 1040 high now in southern Provinces is travelling at a speed and angle that would allow it to be over Ohio Valley Sunday afternoon and I think the low is supposed to be there at the same time.

If the low was weaker perhaps but a 996 can punch through I guess...the thing that surprises me is no CAD signature. I know the HP is not over NY or Maine. Seems like we used to get that more often.

15z SREF finally stops the bleeding, because there is no blood left.....all of a sudden 50 degrees is not out of the question Monday Morning, 48 hrs ago it was supposed to be 20 at this time. Lastly, Tuesday Morning looks like DCA might not even reach the teens now.

15z SREF finally stops the bleeding, because there is no blood left.....all of a sudden 50 degrees is not out of the question Monday Morning, 48 hrs ago it was supposed to be 20 at this time. Lastly, Tuesday Morning looks like DCA might not even reach the teens now.

I guess ripping snow at 22 degrees is out of the question now. I might be in until tomorrow's 12z runs to see where this goes. I'll be upset if we don't take a run at the seasonal record of 33* rains.

Masco has finally conceded this is mostly a rainstorm. So much for the overpowering cold idea lol. Of course he still claims he was correct because his initial call a few days ago was a more northern track(when the models showed that). Always good to take every possible position in order to claim victory. Funny how most of these guys go out of their way to claim they dont model hug, but in reality thats exactly what they do  :rolleyes:

Masco has finally conceded this is mostly a rainstorm. So much for the overpowering cold idea lol. Of course he still claims he was correct because his initial call a few days ago was a more northern track(when the models showed that). Always good to take every possible position in order to claim victory. Funny how most of these guys go out of their way to claim they dont model hug, but in reality thats exactly what they do  :rolleyes:

I gotta give Bernie Rayno some credit. I watched his video about the Monday storm on Thursday night, and he kept saying how SNE may get a big storm out of this

I thought no way was that possible, but alas it is happening.

After reading your post I am really convinced we are done. That it's just not going to happen this winter and that's it. We are exactly where we were after Xmas with nothing to track and the future bleak only now spring is knocking on the door. This has been painful.

All year the trend was less amped northern stream systems trending south. This one went from 1007 mb over sw va to 995 over Pitt in 36 hours. Every few mb deeper meant more south flow ahead and pushed the boundary north. This isn't a deep trough or upper low driven storm. It's just a wave riding the front so every push north of the boundary was another nail in our coffin. At this point I want it to keep going north. Might help our chances Thursday plus I want the snow far away not teasing me.

I'm guessing there will be an advisory for tomorrow midday to mid evening for HGR/MRB/OKV, etc, especially since a lot of people will be on the roads

Zone forecast says 1" of snow during the day and evening, then freezing rain and sleet. Snow map says 2-3". Point and click says 1-2" tomorrow, 1-2" tomorrow night. Never understood why all those forecasts arent made to agree. Can see how the non-weenie public gets mixed messages.

Snow cover held today. Think icing holds on most of tomorrow night here, probably at 32 degrees.

noise. The track is almost identical. Besides ice sucks. Let's just hope this goes far enough north not to tease us at the last minute only to be let down when it's just another crap event.

Yeah I thought it looked pretty much the same. A tad north if anything and ever so slightly weaker low in SW PA. And I agree, if it isnt gonna snow, its crap.

Archived