• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

That 25 in ORH sounds like a weenie total...though maybe on the extreme SE side of town perhaps. The band has been most intense there and into Shrewsbury/Westborough.

Though the way it is snowing, it won't take much longer for that 25 to be accurate everywhere in the city.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New King? Save a horse ride a hot Canadian?

Are you breaking up with the Euro?  Never thought I'd see the day that you and weatheflla besmirched the sweetheart.

Kind of sad the gov didn't lift the travel ban out here for advy criteria. Poor Berks especially. Textbook case of why this should be a county by county thing not all or nothing statewide.

Insult to injury, not only did you not get the snow but you must sit in your house and do nothing but watch reporters playing in snow.  I agree the ban should be by county.  Potential problem - many probably have no clue what county they live in. 

Somebody just reported 19" here in Andover on Channel 5, and I don't doubt it for a second.  Around 3:30 am., our plow guy came by for his first pass, and I have to go out and meet him, to push snow away from the garage doors as he plows (otherwise, we would have five feet of snow piled up against the doors where he can't reach).  Our driveway is a clear area, and fairly well sheltered, and there was at least a foot OTG at that time.

I just got up and went back out again to check, and the driveway is piled up to north of 15" again, maybe 20".  Some of that is drifting, but I think 19-20" is a good call for Andover.  We've been getting pounded with at least 2"/hour stuff since about 1:00 a.m. and it's not letting up at all. 

Archived