joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ignored the QPF output, the upper level features always liked just inland from the coast up here. This forecast is working out exactly as planned there.

Dangling from the chairlifts up north though.

We are getting into that band thats oriented from NE to SW moving NW off the GOM

Couple of pics.

First pic there is a 2 foot mound under the snow, so its not all snow...thats about 5 feet high.

Second pic, one of the cars, not sure how well it can be seen, almost the whole back of it has disappeared.

Ripping here now, have not gone out to measure yeah, but surely more than a foot, probably close to 15-18.

post-1304-0-23021900-1422362441_thumb.jp

post-1304-0-74619000-1422362455_thumb.jp

01742 Concord, MA

took dog out at 6:45 with 14" down in sheltered area. Walk, shovel (Utah light stuff amazing)...45 minutes or so later...16" 

My snow stake which isn't clear had clear signs of drifting and was measuring 15-16" - started last nite at 5" from Saturday's storm.

local school weather station showing 14 degrees with gust of 28 and avg wind 7 NW

Will, i think ORH has a shot at Dec '92

I'd like to see the band stay for another 2-3 hours to really have a shot...but yeah, there's a chance. About 20" now. The record is actually APril 1997 at 33.0" whereas Dec 1992 was 32.1"....though I always believed from personal experience that Dec '92 was a bit more than '97.

Of course, the QPF is slightly less than Dec '92 and Apr '97. :lol:

Archived