joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JAN 23-24 anyone ?

DTWXRISK

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM PBP anyone?  At 12hrs looks more organized and slightly further W than was predicted in the 12z...

18hrs, 1013L right over NOLA, definitely west of the previous run.  Precip shield slightly north, touching Tennessee.

ETA - and, handing over to Yoda...

NAM PBP anyone?  At 12hrs looks more organized and slightly further W than was predicted in the 12z...

18hrs, 1013L right over NOLA, definitely west of the previous run.  Precip shield slightly north, touching Tennessee.

ETA - and, handing over to Yoda...

The more organized and further the precip shield is north early.. the better... I think it is all about that thump...  kinda like last February... it is gonna mix.. lets just get 3 inches in the ground first.  

The more organized and further the precip shield is north early.. the better... I think it is all about that thump...  kinda like last February... it is gonna mix.. lets just get 3 inches in the ground first.  

But last February we were in the mid 20's when the precip started.  Even a front-end thump is looking suspect.

NAM 12km is actually better than 6z for Northern/Central MD in terms of snow by looking at Tropicaltidbits, but a lot of that looks like a mixy snow. Really odd storm. Maybe some of us can Thump and then Dryslot. DCA and Southern MD look like a Rainy Mix. A lot of models seem set on 33 degrees most of Saturday Morning, it just depends on what side of 850mb we are. Really tough to get enthused by this.

You know when you look at the DCA sounding for 6Z GFS and NAM runs last night the picture looks much better than the maps for frozen precip.  I know this is old news, and the new guidance may just torch the columns but DCA is still sitting there on the knife edge in the US model soundings through 7AM Saturday.  Too close to throw in the towel completely on frozen accumulation, IMHO. 

i think the best i can do from this storm is clipper like totals. Maybe 1-3?

NAM is a sloppy 4-5" from what I can see... .48 with 2m temp of 32 and all levels below freezing but around 900 around hr 42. Certainly close enough to pay attention here I think....based on the NAM anyway

Archived