joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21 Clipper Thread

84 Hour NAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be so much more consequential had it begun 6-12 hours earlier.  If the next storm(s) in the parade deliver, the schools are going to wish they had this day back.

My local roads were already snow covered. That plays into their decision. And a horse might slip and fall in the far Western part of the county any minute.

It it really coming down up here now. Was waiting on word for FCPS MD to dismiss early but it did not come. Left my daughter's school to come home and eat lunch. While roads around the school are clear, they were pre-treated, once out of the neighborhood where the school is the roads are snow covered and slippery. I live just across Ballenger Creek Pike from my girls school so I can get there and pick them up. The busses today are going to have a time of it on the back roads. 

If you go to the 1.4 degree scan on LWX radar, there is a mini band of nearly 40 DBZ returns showing up across SW Montgomery County through IAD.  The temp at IAD just fell from 34 to 32 within the past 15 minutes and the ceiling is now just 900 ft AGL.  I'd imagine anyone down there is getting a pretty solid burst of snow.  

Archived