joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never had school closed back in the 1994 outbreaks. Those were the worst cold outbreaks in the past 3 decades aside from 2004. I had to walk to school as well. Almost a mile.

This outbreak is so quick. Reminds me of the Xmas 1980 outbreak in terms of duration. Very very intense with strong winds but it's in and out within 24 hours.

We had a laundromat on the way to school. I can recall stopping there many a day to warm up, funny thing is never I remember being cold on the way home or stopping, probably because I couldn't wait to get on the ice or sled.

We never had school closed back in the 1994 outbreaks. Those were the worst cold outbreaks in the past 3 decades aside from 2004. I had to walk to school as well. Almost a mile.

This outbreak is so quick. Reminds me of the Xmas 1980 outbreak in terms of duration. Very very intense with strong winds but it's in and out within 24 hours.

Uphill barefoot with 2 feet on the sidewalks?

Our superintendent in Southington, CT already sent out an email, saying as of now that there will be no delay tmrw morning. Said they will reevaluate the conditions in the morning, to see if they feel a delay is warranted.

But yes, there is the wimpification of America going on here...a nation of wussy's is what we have become due in large part to law suits... God forbid if a kid gets a red patch on there face from the cold....law suit city!! SAD!!

Is the board fritzing out on anyone else as you try to type a post?

They just delayed school 2 hours here.  Seriously?   I mean, seriously?  Grow a pair.

0.0/-12

The delay thing is dumb. Go to school or stay home. Pick one

That being said, I teach kids who literally do not own proper clothing, parents are addict and can't drive, who walk to the bus stop then might have to wait a whole. Buses might be late

Is the board fritzing out on anyone else as you try to type a post?

They just delayed school 2 hours here.  Seriously?   I mean, seriously?  Grow a pair.

0.0/-12

It may be about the buses. They generally do not have block heaters, and don't start that readily when the temp drops below 0.

Our superintendent in Southington, CT already sent out an email, saying as of now that there will be no delay tmrw morning. Said they will reevaluate the conditions in the morning, to see if they feel a delay is warranted.

But yes, there is the wimpification of America going on here...a nation of wussy's is what we have become due in large part to law suits... God forbid if a kid gets a red patch on there face from the cold....law suit city!! SAD!!

we have completely lost it to StepFord wives,

-1.9F    temps fell quickly to around zero but have only drifted down very slowly the past 2 hours.  Wind is breezy but no roar through the woods like a couple of nights ago.  I can't believe all the schools that have cancelled.  No snow on the ground in the Boston area and the winds tomorrow AM are not going to be very strong.  I just never remember this happening in the past with just basically a cold and breezy January's winter night.  Didn't we just last year have a snowy day with temps all day just above zero?    My point and click has me at a -13F, that will definately not happen.  I will guess and say low will be -5F

-1.9F    temps fell quickly to around zero but have only drifted down very slowly the past 2 hours.  Wind is breezy but no roar through the woods like a couple of nights ago.  I can't believe all the schools that have cancelled.  No snow on the ground in the Boston area and the winds tomorrow AM are not going to be very strong.  I just never remember this happening in the past with just basically a cold and breezy January's winter night.  Didn't we just last year have a snowy day with temps all day just above zero?    My point and click has me at a -13F, that will definately not happen.  I will guess and say low will be -5F

-5F??? No way.

My god it's only 8pm people...my wind chill is already -20F.

Archived