joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am actually quite surprised at all of the school delays, here included (2hrs for us).

Can someone tie in to the way back machine and find periods of cold similar to this over the years?  I know for sure we had a few days below zero last year with the killer, over hyped polar vortex creeping around. 

I remember days of really cold weather in the past with no delays.  It just seems to be a continuation of the wimpification trend that our country is going through.

I am actually quite surprised at all of the school delays, here included (2hrs for us).

Can someone tie in to the way back machine and find periods of cold similar to this over the years?  I know for sure we had a few days below zero last year with the killer, over hyped polar vortex creeping around. 

I remember days of really cold weather in the past with no delays.  It just seems to be a continuation of the wimpification trend that our country is going through.

We had temps below 0 last Jan. We also had temps that were colder than this in Jan 2011 (well at least in BOS where they got to -2). I guess that wind chill is scaring people tomorrow morning. When it's sunny and near 20 in the aftn, it won't feel bad.

I was at URI in 76,brutal walks in between classes. I walked to JR Sr high, about a mile,never had a closed could day

I walked as a kid to elementary and middle school. Walked 1/2 mile to high school bus stop

It sucked at times but I doubt it hit -10 much with winds. Not that I knew. I remember Christmas 1980 but obviously no school

We never had school closed back in the 1994 outbreaks. Those were the worst cold outbreaks in the past 3 decades aside from 2004. I had to walk to school as well. Almost a mile.

This outbreak is so quick. Reminds me of the Xmas 1980 outbreak in terms of duration. Very very intense with strong winds but it's in and out within 24 hours.

Archived