joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I can't recall off the top of my head. Will have to go back and check. I remember looking out at model data last year and seeing some approach -30 in the long range, but i don't remember what it verified at.

I won't be surprised if it's right. What was our peak 850 temps for cold last year? They weren't as impressive as this cold shot I don't think...and of course, up on the summits, that's all that matters.

I recall some -22 to -23 type stuff down here but we are getting colder than that tonight....I assume up there you didn't get -30 at 850 last year though I could be wrong.

You may be right. Just going back and looking at rough NAM analyses just every 12 hours for some of the cold snaps, we got close (-28C at 850mb) but didn't see a -30C in there. Which would be about right (-28C = -18F).

I won't be surprised if it's right. What was our peak 850 temps for cold last year? They weren't as impressive as this cold shot I don't think...and of course, up on the summits, that's all that matters.

I recall some -22 to -23 type stuff down here but we are getting colder than that tonight....I assume up there you didn't get -30 at 850 last year though I could be wrong.

Yeah we very well may have been colder in town last winter than the summit for lowest min. -24F was MVL's low temp last winter. I just could've sworn I remember a -25F on the 6am temps at the mountain last year but I am likely wrong.

Yeah we very well may have been colder in town last winter than the summit for lowest min. -24F was MVL's low temp last winter. I just could've sworn I remember a -25F on the 6am temps at the mountain last year but I am likely wrong.

Yeah even BTV went -15F a couple of times last year.

Archived