Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottomed out at -6. Still -2.4

I need new windows . Thermostat is set at 68 yet house won't warm past 65. Just won't warm up when it's this cold

Might not be all windows fault. My house struggled with all three zones going. Also, last night the wind was nuts. There is a difference when wind is calm, vs gusty winds even 15-20kts.

Yeah I have no idea where he was getting that idea...BOS going below zero in winter has often come with impressive snow too. Not always though. '80-'81 was a ratter.

At any rate, this is impressive to see BOS go below zero with basically no snow cover...maybe just a dusting.

I think it's equally impressive that they made it below zero but BDL and HFD did not given the air mass.

I need new windows . Thermostat is set at 68 yet house won't warm past 65. Just won't warm up when it's this cold

we do the plastic seals on some of the  windows 71 toasty degrees when I woke up. also check CLP free energy audit , they will seal cracks and insulate pipes for free and for 75 bucks do a bunch of other stuff.

I don't think it's your windows.  I have a 100 year old house with old windows...when the wind was gusting last night I could feel the air moving inside the house and had no issues warming up the place.

I think it's equally impressive that they made it below zero but BDL and HFD did not given the air mass.

Yeah that doesn't happen very often. This is about the only way. Latitude driven advection airmass where I guess they are just a bit too far SW.

Only other time it might happen is if they get stuck with cloud cover or something.

I'm still surprised they didn't get below 0f. I haven't checked recently but I wonder if BDL is still running about 1-2F too warm.

Yeah that doesn't happen very often. This is about the only way. Latitude driven advection airmass where I guess they are just a bit too far SW.

Only other time it might happen is if they get stuck with cloud cover or something.

I'm still surprised they didn't get below 0f. I haven't checked recently but I wonder if BDL is still running about 1-2F too warm.

And there is snow there too. Seems a little weird. I wonder what Ryan got to.

Archived