joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My kids have a delay and my district does as well. The big discussion today was the buses but I remember the protocol would be that they would run them all night. Who knows. I can tell you that the schools are mostly OK when it is this cold.....it is the thaw after that makes it interesting and you open the classroom door to a busted heater line and a full blown sauna experience.

SB not going to open the upper mtn lifts tomorrow due to cold/wind chill.

It'll be a Gondola type of day haha.

The FourRunner Quad will be brisk haha, but at only a 7-minute ride and a lodge right at the top to warmup in, Stowe usually keeps the lifts going to the summit open. I'm assuming that's why SB will run the Super Bravo because there's a lodge right at the top for shelter. But honestly it's not going to make a big difference if you go to 3,200ft vs 3,900ft...it's all butt cold. It's more about having a shelter at the top of the lift that's the important part.

My kids have a delay and my district does as well. The big discussion today was the buses but I remember the protocol would be that they would run them all night. Who knows. I can tell you that the schools are mostly OK when it is this cold.....it is the thaw after that makes it interesting and you open the classroom door to a busted heater line and a full blown sauna experience.

I don't think they can run them all night as per air quality regs....but I could be wrong

It looks like it does beat out last year though up there when i think they "only" reached -19F.

That's interesting because MVL had a -24F low, a -23F, and a whole slew of -17F to -21F type lows. Even in March last year we were knocking off -19F, -18F, -17F type lows.

Radiating cold i guess...I thought Mansfield hit -25F last year but guess not.

That's interesting because MVL had a -24F low, a -23F, and a whole slew of -17F to -21F type lows. Even in March last year we were knocking off -19F, -18F, -17F type lows.

Radiating cold i guess...I thought Mansfield hit -25F last year but guess not.

I thought the -19F seemed wrong, and i think you may be right about the -25F, but i think that's what I saw in NOWdata. Could still be wrong lol.

I thought the -19F seemed wrong, and i think you may be right about the -25F, but i think that's what I saw in NOWdata. Could still be wrong lol.

I won't be surprised if it's right. What was our peak 850 temps for cold last year? They weren't as impressive as this cold shot I don't think...and of course, up on the summits, that's all that matters.

I recall some -22 to -23 type stuff down here but we are getting colder than that tonight....I assume up there you didn't get -30 at 850 last year though I could be wrong.

I won't be surprised if it's right. What was our peak 850 temps for cold last year? They weren't as impressive as this cold shot I don't think...and of course, up on the summits, that's all that matters.

I recall some -22 to -23 type stuff down here but we are getting colder than that tonight....I assume up there you didn't get -30 at 850 last year though I could be wrong.

Yeah I can't recall off the top of my head. Will have to go back and check. I remember looking out at model data last year and seeing some approach -30 in the long range, but i don't remember what it verified at.

Did you go calm?

Not that I can tell. -15.9f now. The wind may be helping me as I am at 1290' and when the calm kicks in, I assume, the valley below me will get colder than I am. I often flatline after early drops on these cold nights.

The Davis station a couple hundred yards away was just saying an 8 mph wind but they are only -12.6 f

http://www.nkaf.org/weather/

Archived