joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my thermo is running a degree or two cold in this event based on other PWS nearby, but seems like -2 a good bet based on car thermos.

I was down to -3 when I left Randolph a little before 6:30.  Wouldn't be surprised if I dropped another degree or two after that.  So, I think your thermo is pretty close.

we do the plastic seals on some of the  windows 71 toasty degrees when I woke up. also check CLP free energy audit , they will seal cracks and insulate pipes for free and for 75 bucks do a bunch of other stuff.

lol.

There's no way they would spend hours in my house insulating pipes and sealing cracks around my old-azz house and around 20 plus windows. 

CLP - lol.

I dunno, it doesn't feel that bad out. It's sunny with calm winds so that certainly helps...but I'm not impressed. Last winter deff had some colder outbreaks.

Not really though..we just had frequent ones followed by cutters 3 days later..lol. Arguably the more impressive one last year I suppose was Jan 2-3. BOS was snowing at 2F.  This one only will last like 24 hrs if that.

Not really though..we just had frequent ones followed by cutters 3 days later..lol. Arguably the more impressive one last year I suppose was Jan 2-3. BOS was snowing at 2F. This one only will last like 24 hrs if that.

I just didn't have the same feeling going to my car this morning...I wasn't shaking like a scared dog. It wasn't that bad out and my car started normally. Last year there were times I had to pull my balls out of my stomach, today...they were right where they should be. Maybe it was windier during last year's cold snaps? That certainly makes a difference.

Last winter did have several of these snaps...heck even in March we had lows approaching -20F.

This is still pretty darn cold up here as I've got -6F on my car driving around town doing errands at midday. But we also had the core of the cold shot move overhead here...and the persistent arctic light snow over the past 24hours has given it that damp cold feel. If the sun was out it would probably not feel as bad.

I just didn't have the same feeling going to my car this morning...I wasn't shaking like a scared dog. It wasn't that bad out and my car started normally. Last year there were times I had to pull my balls out of my stomach, today...they were right where they should be. Maybe it was windier during last year's cold snaps? That certainly makes a difference.

maybe you're just carrying a little extra holiday weight this year. bit of extra insulation.

When I drove to work this morning it was -1 at 7:50am...The wind was blowing here and it was pretty brutal.  Just went out at lunch, and it's 15 and breezy, and it was dam COLD.  

Every one has their own opinion on how it feels, and that's only natural.  If you happen to be out when it was below zero, and happened to be in the wind as I was, it was pretty darn Cold...imo.

Archived