This heavy rain now really blows

With puddles splashing

And people dashing

Water sloshing tween their toes

My nightmare is a wet Christmas

It's 58 now what a fright

And the dew point is just out of sight

I don't think Christmas will be white

All kidding aside, Merry Christmas to all!

To the tune of White Christmas . . .

This heavy rain now really blows

With puddles splashing

And people dashing

Water sloshing tween their toes

It's 58 now what a fright

And the dew point is just out of sight

I don't think Christmas will be white

All kidding aside, Merry Christmas to all!

Well done!!!

43.6/39

Yep...rain, warmth, then flurries. Goodbye and good day to the Grinch storm. The snowpack took it like a champ.

minimum impact,good thing Long Island WX cancelled his week at Stowe, I mean the excellent skiing Sat Sun Mon Tuesday Ok Wed, toss Thursday back to good Friday Saturday was definitely worth cancelling.

Down to 44.8..Never thought I'd be excited to say that

The most exciting part of the entire system was driving home from a party in dedham around midnight. Gassed up in dedham on rt 1 and it was easily 60+. Car thermo read 60. Headed north on rt 1 and before hitting spring street we drove through this weird fog bank. Spring st jct was 46. That's like max 1.5-2 miles.

The most exciting part of the entire system was driving home from a party in dedham around midnight. Gassed up in dedham on rt 1 and it was easily 60+. Car thermo read 60. Headed north on rt 1 and before hitting spring street we drove through this weird fog bank. Spring st jct was 46. That's like max 1.5-2 miles.

Luckily the warmth here was short and happened while sleeping. It was 55.1 when we came down and has been dropping since then. Still ugly..but at least not full fledged torch conditions and the wind adds a cool bite to the air

minimum impact,good thing Long Island WX cancelled his week at Stowe, I mean the excellent skiing Sat Sun Mon Tuesday Ok Wed, toss Thursday back to good Friday Saturday was definitely worth cancelling.

Yeah I was never worried about a full melt up there or in town. That snowpack just had too much water content and substance to melt that fast. In town it was like 10" of probably 3:1 ratio stuff, almost sleet type heft, and you know you just can't melt all that in 36-48 hours.

Today was actually really good skiing. This morning was spring skiing but it set up in the higher els, while remaining soft down low. Lots of "better than expected" reactions from guests today.

Tomorrow the steep natural bump trails will probably be closed due to moonscape conditions, but the base depths are all still there. Now it's time for the groomers to shine.

Archived